Windows 10: Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

Discus and support Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Crawford Martin, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting to 120, i lost image on the monitor, but must have acciedent accept the changes or something. Now everytime i try to set it to show only on 2 it never show anything and i cant mess with any of the setting because i cant see anything. . Before i did that i was able to set it to show only on 2. Is there anyway to reset t

:)

Crawford Martin, Mar 2, 2024

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Grozav IO Win User
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

Thank you for the reply. I found a different way and you can connect all displays with separate cables or you can have link between them if they have Displayport or Thunderbolt Daisy Chaining functionality.

Anyway this does not help duplicating an extended display but going into Intel Graphics Command Center application because my on-board video card is Intel helped me extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror Display 2 for Display 3.

Steps Performed:

1. Open Intel Graphics Command Center application

2. Navigate to Displays left menu item

3. Click ... for Monitor 2 and select Extend Monitor 1

4. Click ... for Monitor 3 and Mirror Monitor 2

This is all to do to have a projector show the same presentation I have on my second monitor so that I can see the notes on my primary monitor.

Grozav IO, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

1. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings - Similar Threads - Going extend displays

2. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2": Hey guys what is up dj diego back with another question haha lololoMy issue is with a Windows 10 VM running from Amazon Workspace. The setup is two monitors: one laptop and one normal display. Currently it's set to "show only on 2" in System > DisplayHowever, I want to set it...
  3. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2": Hey guys what is up dj diego back with another question haha lololoMy issue is with a Windows 10 VM running from Amazon Workspace. The setup is two monitors: one laptop and one normal display. Currently it's set to "show only on 2" in System > DisplayHowever, I want to set it...
  4. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  6. How to reset show only display 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reset show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  7. How to reset show only display 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  8. How to reset show only display 2

9. How to reset "show only display 2" setting?

How to reset "show only display 2" setting?: Hey! I've got a PC with Windows 10 and one monitor. I wanted to add a second monitor note that this one's an old 4:3 display w/ VGA cable. I bought an adapter from VGA to HDMI my graph card has 1 HDMI and 3 DP slots, one of the latter is for my main monitor. The first time I...
  10. Windows keeps changing the multiple displays option from extend to show only on 2

Windows keeps changing the multiple displays option from extend to show only on 2: I am asking this question again because the previous microsft helper's response was useless. I have recently plugged a secondary monitor into my laptop, i want it to extend the display - so i chose "extend", but it never saves this choice. My computer will go to sleep and...