Windows 10: Going from Office 2013 to email on Windows 10

Discus and support Going from Office 2013 to email on Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This may sound like a chrome issue at first, but it isn't. Bear with me. I just upgraded to Windows 10. I went through the steps to make my gmail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KaiserD2, Feb 19, 2020.

1. KaiserD2 Win User

Going from Office 2013 to email on Windows 10

This may sound like a chrome issue at first, but it isn't. Bear with me.

I just upgraded to Windows 10. I went through the steps to make my gmail account on chrome my default email. Now, whenever I click an email link on a web page, it opens right up.

However, that doesn't happen if I'm in word (or excel, presumably) with an open document and I click File - share - email - send as attachment. Instead I get the error message, "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: 'Unspecified error'." The help link that opens reads, "This error can occur if you attempt to send a Word document as an e-mail attachment in Word and the MAPI session was closed and word is no longer able to connect to that MAPI session."

Is there some way to fix this? Thank you in advance.

:)

KaiserD2, Feb 19, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

MS Office 2013

It might be worth to try this...................
    Go to Programs and Features > right click at Microsoft Office 2013 > click Change > click Repair.
    See if that does anything for you.

*** adding : the steps I posted are based on my Office 2007. Your 2013 might be different. I hope not. ***

davidhk, Feb 19, 2020
  3. will office 2013 work on windows 10?????

Yes it will.

Which versions of Microsoft Office work on Windows 10?

The following versions of Microsoft Office with the latest Service Packs have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 10:

Older versions of Office such as Office 2003 and Office XP are not certified compatible with Windows 10 but might work using compatibility mode.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Going from Office 2013 to email on Windows 10

outlook and micosoft office 2013

Using Windows 10 after upgrade from windows 7

Problems are:

1. The Microsoft office 2013 products do not appear on the apps list

2. When I do use email in Outlook and do a reply or send the program disappears and return to the task list to re-open it. This happened will all programs

Please help

MariusOdendaal, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Going from Office 2013 to email on Windows 10

1. Going from Office 2013 to email on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Going Office 2013

2. Migration of email from Outlook 2013 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration of email from Outlook 2013 to Windows 10: Problem: ATT has changed the way they handle email, so I suddenly can no longer download my ATT emails to Outlook 2013 on my PC. ATT has recommended that I start to use Windows Mail for downloading my ATT emails. Questions 1 If I start using Windows Mail with my...
  3. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  4. Windows 10 PRO and Office 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PRO and Office 2013: Just installed Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop while having had Office 2013 already licensed and using. After installing Windows 10, Office 2013 will not open completely, instead it starts to load and then closes, rapidly. I am currently using Windows 10 with Office 2013 on...
  5. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  6. Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10: Dear All, I am not an IT Techie, but am a simple user. As I use BCM for my small business, that does not work beyond MS Office 2013, I was restrained to upgrade to MS-2013. I am also using other stand alone MS Programs of 2016 version. Unfortunately, since I have...
  7. Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016: Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks 53270
  8. office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440
  9. Sign out from Office 2013?

Sign out from Office 2013?: Hello, I have Win10 with a Microsoft Accont enabled. I DON'T want to be signed in in Office (Word, Excel) but I cannot log out ("impossible to sign out" window). I don't understand, I have another PC (but it is Win 8.1) and I have Microsoft Account enabled also...
  10. Office 2013 on windows 10

Office 2013 on windows 10: Planning to get a surface 3 with win 8.1 on it. We will be upgrading it to 10 at some point. As we are not really keen on subscription based office 365 (and reliance on the cloud in general) we have been given the option of a pre install of office 2013. But I need to confirm...