Windows 10: Going into protection history crashes the settings. I have no control over ransomware or...

Discus and support Going into protection history crashes the settings. I have no control over ransomware or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Knez011 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht4axh/going_into_protection_history_crashes_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Knez011, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Going into protection history crashes the settings. I have no control over ransomware or...

/u/Knez011, Jul 17, 2020

2. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Thagstrom Win User

Going into protection history crashes the settings. I have no control over ransomware or...

Protection history not working

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

First thing I would suggest is make sure that controlled folder access is turned off.

To do this you can open the windows security app.

Then go to the Virus and threat protection tab. Click "manage ransomware protection". The make sure it is set to off.

Then restart and try to install again.

Let me know if this helps!

Thagstrom, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Going into protection history crashes the settings. I have no control over ransomware or...

1. Going into protection history crashes the settings. I have no control over ransomware or... - Similar Threads - Going protection history

2. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crashes: Everytime I launches protection history it always crashes. Even if I click pop out view or change it. When I click it it show I don't have history then force quit automatically. I have the latest version of windows. Why this is happening? What to do?...
  3. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  4. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  5. Protection history crashes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Ransomware Protection history empty

Ransomware Protection history empty: Ransomware Protection history is gone after installing KB5001330 even fallbacks are the same problem And the blocked app read record is not visible.I have not installed any third-party anti-virus software...
  7. Protection History crash

Protection History crash: So, I'm using windows 10 Pro. Windows defender detected a virus. But when I open protection settings on windows defender UI it just crashes after a few seconds. I've tried fixes I saw online including deleting history scans and updating windows, but none of them worked. I'm...
  8. Protection History Crashing

Protection History Crashing: The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose whether to allow or...
  9. Protection history Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protection history Crash: I scanned a pen-drive which had many folders infected by worm i.e all folders were in the form of .scr file. I scanned using windows defender and accidently I took the action and the folders infected were removed. So I thought to restore the folders. But as soon as I click...
  10. Protection History Crash

Protection History Crash: https://aka.ms/AA63nd4 I downloaded some keylogger samples and WD successfully block all files. But, windows security crashing if i try open protection history. There is no 'reinstall WD' or 'clear protection history' button. https://youtu.be/4ljxz1zUcYA...