Windows 10: Going into Sleep mode

Discus and support Going into Sleep mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mknabster, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:13 AM.

1. mknabster Win User

Going into Sleep mode

Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the power button would blink, and was able to be woken up with the touch of the keyboard. Now after the upgrade, when i put it to sleep, the light does not blink, and the keyboard does not wake it. The only way to wake it up is by pressing the power button. Before vs now, is it now going into hibernation, or is there something else that could be different? Thanks

:)

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM
  4. Going into Sleep mode

Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM
Thema:

Going into Sleep mode

1. Going into Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Going Sleep mode

2. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  3. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...
  4. Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Going Into Sleep Mode Randomly: Hello! I am using a HP Envy 15 TouchScreen Notebook (SKU: F5G56AV), Core i7-4700MQ CPU, Win 10 Home 10.0.17134, NVIDIA GeForce 840M Video Card. I starting in the past two weeks (approximately), I have been having the notebook randomly go into sleep mode, even when using...
  5. going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    going to sleep: My computer keep going to sleep every 1 minute then I have sign back in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-to-sleep/ffaba8b9-abaa-496e-825a-aa24b03e24c1
  6. External USB HDD going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External USB HDD going to sleep mode: I don't understand why Microsoft refuses to address this problem in Windows 10. It's an old problem and all the answers from Microsoft are vague and send us around things that people have already tried and it does not solve the problem. Just look at the blogs of the...
  7. Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode: It all the sudden maximizes itself. Often. Even when I'm actively using another app. And at the same time, the computer has started to sleep. Even when I'm actively using it. Which is the real problem. It does not seem to sleep as often if I leave the mail app open....
  8. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  9. Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output: Hey there, I made a post a few days ago about an issue with my headphones with Windows 10, and couldn't pin down the issue. Well, recently I figured it out. My issue is that after my computer goes to sleep, when I power it back on, there will be no output from the...
  10. computer will not go into sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Support
    computer will not go into sleep mode after update: We updated from 8.1 to Windows 10 and now the computer will not go automatically into sleep mode. How to fix? 16918