Windows 10: Going into Sleep mode

Discus and support Going into Sleep mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mknabster, Oct 9, 2019.

1. mknabster Win User

Going into Sleep mode

Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the power button would blink, and was able to be woken up with the touch of the keyboard. Now after the upgrade, when i put it to sleep, the light does not blink, and the keyboard does not wake it. The only way to wake it up is by pressing the power button. Before vs now, is it now going into hibernation, or is there something else that could be different? Thanks

:)

mknabster, Oct 9, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 9, 2019
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Going into Sleep mode

Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Going into Sleep mode

1. Going into Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Going Sleep mode

2. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  3. PC not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not going into sleep mode: For some reason over the past couple of days my pc won't go into sleep mode despite the fact that I have set the screen and the pc to go off after 10 minutes. It isn't working either when I click on 'Shut Down or Sign Out' and then choose 'Sleep'. When I do that it...
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  5. PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode: From time to time, I have a YouTube video playing (via Google Chrome), and walk away from my PC. The videos are usually 8-10 hours long. I have noticed that the PC will still go to sleep mode. Any idea why? Thanks submitted by /u/circatee [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  7. System is not going to Sleep Mode

System is not going to Sleep Mode: System is not going to Sleep Mode. I have tried all options in both Control Panel and Settings yet the problem is unresolved. System is waking up within 5 Seconds....
  8. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  9. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  10. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...