Windows 10: going to sleep

Discus and support going to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer keep going to sleep every 1 minute then I have sign back in windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by patriciaswann1, Nov 17, 2018.

1. going to sleep

My computer keep going to sleep every 1 minute then I have sign back in windows.

:)

patriciaswann1, Nov 17, 2018

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 17, 2018
  3. computer doesn't go to sleep automatically

The only task in that list that is not a part of the system task is the "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor". We suggest that you end the said task by going again to the
    Task Scheduler. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Follow the steps that we have provided you before to display all running tasks.
    • Once all running tasks are displayed, select "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor", then click on
      End Task.

If ending its task doesn't resolve your concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall it by following the steps in this article:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    . Once done, kindly check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you're done with the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

going to sleep

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

going to sleep a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

going to sleep

1. going to sleep - Similar Threads - going sleep

2. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  3. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  4. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.: The model is ROG Flow X13. I've already set the settings so that it goes to sleep after 1 minute on battery power / 3 minutes when plugged in, but it doesn't do this. What do I do beyond this?...
  6. My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.

My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.: The model is ROG Flow X13. I've already set the settings so that it goes to sleep after 1 minute on battery power / 3 minutes when plugged in, but it doesn't do this. What do I do beyond this?...
  7. Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?: Hello,I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am on a Desktop computer.I observe the following behaviour:- I lock my computer keystroke: Win+L . the "welcome screen" gets displayed, with the usual text "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to unlock" or whatnot.- I wait exactly 60 seconds without...
  8. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  9. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  10. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...: My HP Laptop HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 has issues going into sleep mode takes too long, around 1 minute, or might just fail to sleep and restart instead, and occasionally gives bluescreens with this error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a...