Windows 10: Going to W10, need some advice.

Discus and support Going to W10, need some advice. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Going to W10, need some advice. Hi, Currently running W7 Pro32 bit MSI I5 laptop & use it mainly for managing our Retirement funds, Healthcare along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, Jul 28, 2019.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Going to W10, need some advice.

Hi,

Currently running W7 Pro32 bit MSI I5 laptop & use it mainly for managing our Retirement funds, Healthcare along with research, learning about what's going on in the world today. I'm a retired busn Mgr & have been using PC's since the early 80's: Commodore VIC 20, DOS DR DOS & all Win thru W7, Not a tech as I work above the hdwe & code on busn & marketing solutions.

1] W10 comes in a 32 bit version, if I go with it would I be able to use the 32 bit software on my W7 pc?
    Word, Excel, Front pg (all 2003) along with Fireworks 2 are the programs I use most often.

2] If I go with std W10, 64 bit, I'll have to buy new software & lean all over again which will be very difficult given our current living situation.

3] I think the new OFFICE has ribbon menus. Q: Can I select ONLY the functions I use 20% of the time into a single ribbon, similar to the buttons I select for my menu bards in the old Word & Excel?

4] Which would be the better choice: Office 365 or Std Office?
    I've numbered questions so when responding, please indicate the the #

Any advice you can give me will be of help & greatly appreciated.

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, Jul 28, 2019

2. Need Advice on Everything!

Take a step back

What is your budget ?
    What are you going to use it for?

TPU members will probly overload you with suggestions

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User
    Going to W10, need advice on laptop.

@klxdrt10 -

I would like to chime in on this. All SSD's are *not* created equal.
    If you are going to get a new laptop, try to build one with the fastest SSD possible.

Here's an example from Dell -

Going to W10, need some advice. [​IMG]

FWIW. *Smile

Compumind, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Going to W10, need some advice.

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Going to W10, need some advice. - Similar Threads - Going W10 need

2. Need some technical advice here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some technical advice here: So I created a user using Microsoft Family. I am currently using Microsoft Edge as the default browser. I have the browser signed in to an account for safe-search reasons so the kids aren't doing things they shouldn't. They get around it by simply signing out of the browser....
  3. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  4. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  5. Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...: I just installed a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe M.2 1TB). The install went well, but I left some files behind on the old drive (An OCZ Trion 120gb SSD). Anyway, I though there would be a problem if I plugged the old drive back in and booted up into windows without hitting...
  6. Going to W10, need advice on laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Going to W10, need advice on laptop.: Going to W 10, need advice on laptop. Currently I have an MSI 17" laptop with 256GB ssd w?W7 Pro 32 bit. And it has been the best PC Ive owned in 30 yr.Still get several hr on orig batt. My computing is done "ABOVE the CODE & HDWE." HVerave been an info mgr, analyzer for 50...
  7. Need Some Graphic Card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Some Graphic Card advice: My pc's cards fan after 4 years just started making a whinning noise I don't know if I could take it out and grease the fan or not but I would rather just get a new card......Say $100 or less....And I'm not a gamer. My pc is a 2013 HP P-6 2400T / Intel 3.1 CPU / 12 gb's...
  8. Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice: Currently have two different sets of cables. Thinking about making all 6 the same "CAT". Oldest equipment is the 2 year old Modem/Router. Next is the HP Officejet Pro 6830 and the rest is new equipment. Question is CAT 5e of 6 cables? Look forward to your...
  9. Need advice on partitioning W10 & recovering W8.1.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need advice on partitioning W10 & recovering W8.1.: When I did a free upgrade from W8.1 to W10 the upgrade was corrupted, inasmuch as several default apps were missing, etc. I was in contact with MS on 4 occasions, 3 of them remotely operated my laptop, they attempted troubleshooting, scans, etc., but couldn't solve the...
  10. Complete newbie advice needed for win10 to go!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete newbie advice needed for win10 to go!: Hi guys please have paitence with me on the installation of Win10 on the go environment! I've been reading alot and have not yet put it into practice yet. Waiting for a USB3.0 Scandisk Extreme 32GB to be delivered I want to use on win10. I've collected loads of software...