Windows 10: Golden lock at windows 10 notification system

Discus and support Golden lock at windows 10 notification system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I had an issue with my windows. Yesterday night when I was going to switch off my pc, I thought it was trying to shut down on its own,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by psikyo, Jul 21, 2018.

1. psikyo Win User

Golden lock at windows 10 notification system

Hi guys,

I had an issue with my windows. Yesterday night when I was going to switch off my pc, I thought it was trying to shut down on its own, however, this morning I saw my pc didn't shut down at all & it stays at the uefi page. I knew something was not right. Right after I do a restart, the bootup suddenly became very slow(my windows was installed on a m.2)

After it passes the bootup-

-I couldn't click the windows start button.
    -It told me some applications cannot be start.
    -I got no internet connection,even though my WiFi is working
    -when I do the'ctrl-alt-del' ,it shows me a blank screen
    -i have this little golden lock icon in my windows 10 notification area

Need help on this. Thanks for your input

:)

psikyo, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Golden lock at windows 10 notification system

No notification on lock screen

Hi Anand,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try to turn on and off the Show notifications on the lock screen option and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Type quick actions in the search bar and click on Choose your quick actions.
    • Select Lock Screen.
    • Turn on or off the Show notifications on the lock screen option
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Create a user account and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Golden lock at windows 10 notification system

1. Golden lock at windows 10 notification system - Similar Threads - Golden lock notification

2. Windows 10 Calendar Lock Screen Notification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Calendar Lock Screen Notification: Hi,Does anyone know how I can set a reminder for holidays so that the Windows 10 notification on the lock screen from the Windows Calendar app displays the reminder every day for a week before the event?When I try to edit a holiday, whether it's the Hotmail US Holidays...
  3. Windows 10 Calendar Lock Screen Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Calendar Lock Screen Notification: Hi,Does anyone know how I can set a reminder for holidays so that the Windows 10 notification on the lock screen from the Windows Calendar app displays the reminder every day for a week before the event?When I try to edit a holiday, whether it's the Hotmail US Holidays...
  4. Windows 10 Calendar Lock Screen Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. On Screen Caps Lock and Num Lock notifications : Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Caps Lock and Num Lock notifications : Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have 2 questions please : 1. How do I get the on-screen CapsLock and NumLock notifications to work again ? Background : When I first had my laptop in 2018an on-screen icon would pop up when I turned on/ off CapsLock. This was part of normal Windows 10same...
  6. Lock Screen Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Notifications: When all users are logged off, there will sometimes be a red circle with a white X through it on the bottom left hand corner of the lock screen with a number by it. One time, the number was 3. Today the number was 6. What does that mean? The only thing I can think of is...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications

Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications: I have the Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications setting disabled but I am still getting notifications on my lock screen. It will even turn on my screen if it is in sleep mode. I don't want any notifications to appear on my lock screen. What am I missing?...
  8. lock screen notifications in windows 10

lock screen notifications in windows 10: I have followed every instruction to turn off the annoying notifications for Edge on the lock screen on my new computer. Nothing works. Every single time I see the lock screen, I get those notifications. At this point, I just want the lock screen gone if I cant get those...
  9. golden toad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    golden toad: I can't open golden toad. is anyone else having this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/golden-toad/22c63f43-9da7-45de-9177-09c58dcd3edf
  10. From DOS to the golden age of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    From DOS to the golden age of Windows: Travelling back in time Those of us who grew up with computers have witnessed great change: from the hulking tower PCs of yore to the pocket-sized smartphones of today and from blinking green screen cursors to 4K graphical displays. For those old enough to remember...