Windows 10: Gone forever?

Discus and support Gone forever? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I took very early advantage of the Win10 download and used the resultant iso file to convert my laptop and desktop from win7 to win10. At first things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frailtrev, Dec 1, 2015.

1. frailtrev Win User

Gone forever?

I took very early advantage of the Win10 download and used the resultant iso file to convert my laptop and desktop from win7 to win10. At first things went well and I was very impressed with the new edition of Windows. After a period of about two months the laptop operation became very unstable and ceased to operate -then- my desktop did the same thing. I was too eager it seems and should have waited until the system proved itself. Unfortunately I am unable to revert to Win7, because the time period for reversion had been exceeded. So I am twixt and between - unable to go back or proceed forward.

It was essential to get up and running on at least one of the machines and so I converted this laptop to a Linux distro, which I am using at this moment.

I still have the original win10 iso file but when I re-run it I am asked for the win 10 product code number, which I don't have. I have contacted Microsoft to try and resolve the problem but the only solution offered is that I should buy a clean version of Win10 and start from scratch.

I am still able to get into the win10 opening screen and my opening pwd is accepted but I then go directly into an options page which lists various options to become operational. None of them succeeds in overcoming my problem, although there is an option to get into DOS which might be useful at some stage.

If anyone can offer any suggesions I would be most grateful!

:)

frailtrev, Dec 1, 2015

2. Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

SHRINIWAS GONE, Dec 1, 2015
  3. ASUS MX Suite & Music Maker & Video Maker is there is way find serial number and if not is there way to download driver or program update

Original title:ASUS MX Suite & Music Maker & Video Maker

Good Tidings my community of the well informed- I will be brief and more than likely feel completely "derped" whenst you have answered the following issues I am having-As I now have no more hair left from pulling it all out by the roots

I purchased an ASUS Desktop PC - amazing piece of equipment and does everything i could ever want - I upgraded to windows 10 - again still in love and Kudos MS for bringing back some old school to the new OS - Being a musician and a rock star in my own mind,
    I had become very fond of ASUS MX Suite which allows you to use Magix Music Maker and Video Maker that came preloaded in the computer- This software - for the brief time I was able to utilize it - brought me closer to directing videos that Spielberg would
    envy and produce music that would have Virgin Records banging on my door (LIMOM) Legend In My Own Mind -

So to the problem- before reaching out to the you MS Masters - I did my due diligence and FAQ'ed and Trouble Shot every possible thing the internet had to offer, concluding with contacting Asus and Magix for assistance - and to no avail.

When starting the program at the MX level (which combines access to both the Video and Music maker) trouble starting program - reinstall - I also tried the individual programs with a very similar message - The Music Maker(which is made by Magix ( well they
    both are made by them)) came pre installed as did the video maker- and a very basic program at that - I purchased the upgrade and I was off to conquer the entertainment world by storm - This worked for about 3 months and then I stared getting errors once the
    OS upgrades took place - the "make compatible with earlier versions of our OS "- still nothing -

I then went to Magix website which has the products I purchased registered and its asks me for a serial number to proceed with downloads - there is no serial number as it was preinstalled and all I have is the purchase code from the upgrade to the full version
    - with reciepts etc - I have contacted the companies again and again, but alas they don't care for me and my trek to super-stardom and I still can not get the things to work - Some of my lesser acquaintances suggested immoral acts and downloads to bypass the
    structure and the corporate "Man" - but im not that guy - I paid for it and I am loyal to the designers and programmers who worked so very hard on this technological masterpiece and I just want the darn thing to operate

If you have read up to this far-Thank you and I appreciate you trying to piece together what it is im asking

Is there a way to find my serial number with in the program(which I can not get to) and if not is there a way to download drivers or program updates to make the existing software work ) which now makes me nervous because if I am not getting a response from
    either company - will I still have the upgraded product and finally of the things that are broken Magix Music Maker and Magix Professional Video Maker/Editor and obviously my mental sanity - will I be able to fix these things-excluding the psychological-and
    maybe you have Kin that works for Asus or Magix and You know somebody who knows somebody who is some how related to Kevin Bacon and can get me some help for my programs

Respectfully and in advance in your debt

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Gone Fishin'Sux2beyou, Dec 1, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Gone forever?

If you have not made any hardware changes to the laptop or desktop then you should be able to skip the product number request and once W10 is installed it will activate automatically from information stored on the MS servers from when you originally installed W10 on your laptop and desktop.

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    frailtrev,
    Don't use that original Windows iso file. It's for the old version.
    Use a working computer and download the Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    Use the link below :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Download the Media Creation Tool and run it.
    Select Create installation media for another PC > that will begin downloading the ISO file to the computer.
    After iso is downloaded, burn it to a bootable media ( DVD or USB ).
    Take the bootable media to the computer that needs to be fixed > set the boot order to CD/DVD or USB, depending on which media you will be using > insert the bootable media > Restart the computer > Clean Install will begin.
    You will asked for a product key > select the SKIP option and continue.
    After installation completed, activation should be automatic.

davidhk, Dec 1, 2015
  6. frailtrev Win User
    The link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 didn't function, so I tried a new win10 iso download - that led to the following message:

You’ve been routed to this page because the operating system you’re using won’t support the Windows 10 media creation tool and we want to make sure that you can download Windows 10. To use the media creation tool, visit the Microsoft Software Download Windows 10 page from a Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
    You can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) that can be used to install or reinstall Windows 10. The image can also be used to create installation media using a USB flash drive or DVD.

Since I am using the Linux OS for the time being it could pose more problems, or should I give it a go?

I did try this before with the original win10 iso and, as advised, skipped the product code request, but it failed to operate and went to the recuperative options page once again.

frailtrev, Dec 1, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    My link will work if you use a computer which runs Windows operating system.
    If you use a computer running Linux, I can tell you what will come of it because I know next to nothing about Linux/Ubuntu.

P.S. Forget about you original Win 10 iso which is version 10240. You need the most recent one which is version 10586.

davidhk, Dec 1, 2015
  8. shimshom Win User

Gone forever?

You should be able to download the ISO direct from here burn it to a DVD or a USB and install skipping when asked for a key

Tech Bench

shimshom, Dec 1, 2015
  9. AndreyT Win User
    That's exactly what you should do if you want an ISO file. In fact, it is a good idea to avoid Media Creaton Tool and direct-download an ISO instead.

AndreyT, Dec 2, 2015
  10. Cliff Win User
    Just out of morbid curiosity, why do think that it's a good idea to avoid the MCT

Cliff, Dec 2, 2015
  11. AndreyT Win User
    MCT downloads an image based on install.eis file (as opposed to install.wim). In my experience, install.eis-based image is more problematic (if at all possible) to use with repair tools and sysprep tools. Last time I checked, even if one asks MCT to download an ISO file, that ISO is also based on install.eis.

Under the circumstances, it appears that the only way to obtain an install.wim-based image is to direct-download an ISO image (not through MCT).

AndreyT, Dec 2, 2015
  12. frailtrev Win User
    I ran the iso and went to a setup screen - language, time, currency, keybd input. Then after clicking 'install now' a message appeared - 'if reinstalling choose 'I don't have a product key'. Your copy of Windows will be activated later. Select operating system from win10 Pro or Home edition. I selected the latter. Then I was asked the location where to install - from - Partition 1 -OEMBP 8gb 2.1 gb free OEM reserved -or- Partition 2 - 327Gb 212Gb free System. Do you think I should proceed on this basis?

frailtrev, Dec 12, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Gone forever?

Personal preference is just that........ personal preference.

I have been using MCT since Microsoft introduces it as source to install Windows 10 as well as downloading iso file.
    I use it ever since and never have any issues.

davidhk, Dec 12, 2015
  14. topgundcp Win User
    If it were me. I would wipe out the whole disk and do a fresh, clean install.
    • Backup any personal data to an external disk
    • Disconnect any external devices
    • Boot up the Installation Media with only the disk you intend to install Windows connected.
    • On the first screen, press <SHIFT> + F10 to open the command prompt then type:
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    • Continue with the installation, select custom, select the unallocated partition, click Next (do not create partition/format)
    • When ask to enter the product key, click on "Skip this step" or "Do it Later"
    • Once done, windows should be activated automatically.

topgundcp, Dec 12, 2015
  15. frailtrev Win User
    Win 10 now up and running. Thanks for the comments and assistance.

frailtrev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Gone forever?

1. Gone forever? - Similar Threads - Gone forever

2. Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...: Anyone know how to recover lost emails, woke up this morning to them all gone and need them back asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-to-recover-emails-work-up-this/4b2a38e4-864a-4e00-bd95-a068dbb75e8d
  3. Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to recover emails, work up this morning to them gone need help to get them...: Anyone know how to recover lost emails, woke up this morning to them all gone and need them back asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-to-recover-emails-work-up-this/4b2a38e4-864a-4e00-bd95-a068dbb75e8d
  4. I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?

I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?: I bought a computer in Japan I live here and had to reinstall Windows 11 to make the system show English since it came in Japanese, but now it seems many of my drivers - including graphics, audio, mousepad, and fingerprint reader drivers and, I`m willing to bet, many others -...
  5. Keyboard shortcuts: Like Alt+V, D for Details view. Is it gone forever?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcuts: Like Alt+V, D for Details view. Is it gone forever?: This is something I use all the time, switching between Details and List view. I'd really like to do this in a veritable millisecond like I used to be able to in Win7. And did they get rid of more of them in Win11?...
  6. Keyboard shortcuts: Like Alt+V, D for Details view. Is it gone forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts: Like Alt+V, D for Details view. Is it gone forever?: This is something I use all the time, switching between Details and List view. I'd really like to do this in a veritable millisecond like I used to be able to in Win7. And did they get rid of more of them in Win11?...
  7. Keyboard shortcuts: Like Alt+V, D for Details view. Is it gone forever?

8. Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything got deleted by Windows Defender and gone forever: So I downloaded a file to desktop, and Defender decided that was a threat and quarantined it. At that moment, everything that was saved on my desktop disappeared but I can still access them through recent files from Word/Excel. Defender offered 2 options, remove or restore....
  9. Updated Windows. External Drive Unallocated. Are my files gone forever?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated Windows. External Drive Unallocated. Are my files gone forever?: I updated windows 10 and windows defender (?) on my mom's laptop on Thursday 8.15.2019. It needed more space to dump the old stuff so I hooked up my external drive (that had about 800 GB free space on it) to give it some help. Today, 8.19.2019, I plugged my drive at work and...
  10. I apdated Yahoo and now my mail is full of facebook messages! I want them GONE NOW AND FOREVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    I apdated Yahoo and now my mail is full of facebook messages! I want them GONE NOW AND FOREVER: MY MAIL ACCOUNT IS FULL OF FACEBOOK MESSAGES AND I WANT THEM GONE FOEVER! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-apdated-yahoo-and-now-my-mail-is-full-of/a42d010a-8953-481e-a0a1-3d942c179b0a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone gone forever?