Windows 10: Gone Missing: "Updates & Security" - Replaced by "Delivery Optimizati"

Discus and support Gone Missing: "Updates & Security" - Replaced by "Delivery Optimizati" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1082 Howdy Folks, *Smile My Updates & Security window has gone missing, replaced by Delivery Optimization (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jdUnionngarden, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Gone Missing: "Updates & Security" - Replaced by "Delivery Optimizati"

Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1082

Howdy Folks, *Smile

My Updates & Security window has gone missing, replaced by Delivery Optimization (see attached).

Since I have recently changed WU control from Group Policy setting: "Notify for download and notify for install" to using Sledgehammer:
    1. Installed Sledgehammer
    2. Disabled WU Group Policy Setting "Notify for download, etc."

All worked well for the first week or so until I found the Updates & Security window has been replaced. Thinking Sledgehammer was responsible I uninstalled it, but the Updates & Security window has not returned:
    1. Enabled WU Group Policy Setting "Notify for download, etc."
    2. Uninstalled Sledgehammer.

Appreciation goes out to all who have any thoughts to share!
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, Oct 25, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Windows Update and Delivery Optimization burning through data on metered connection

We suggest that to manage your connection consume for Windows Update and Delivery Optimization is to configure Delivery Optimization through Group Policy and Windows Update by deferring the Windows Update.

For more information on how to use Group Policy to configure Windows Update Delivery Optimization in Windows 10, check this
    link.

Deferring Windows upgrades prevent your device from getting the latest Windows features downloaded or installed for several months. It doesn't affect any security updates. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Settings in Cortana Search and press
      Enter
    • Click Update & Security and click Advance Options under
      Update settings.
    • Check the tick box for Defer feature updates.

Let us know how it goes to assist you further.

Erika Aro, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Gone Missing: "Updates & Security" - Replaced by "Delivery Optimizati"

security update for windows 10 failed

Hi Suresh,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to install the security update for Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know what the exact error message is while you install security update.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on System and security under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Windows Update under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Windows update dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link on How to perform
    Windows Update Delivery Optimization in Windows 10.

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ

Windows Update Delivery Optimization and privacy

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Gone Missing: "Updates & Security" - Replaced by "Delivery Optimizati"

1. Gone Missing: "Updates & Security" - Replaced by "Delivery Optimizati" - Similar Threads - Gone Missing Updates

2. Delivery Optimization Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delivery Optimization Missing: So ive checked in the registry, in devices, in task manager, everywhere. Delivery Optimization is simply missing from my computer. I could perform a clean install, but I'd rather not, i have a lot of important files, and the only version of win10 I have on disc is an older...
  3. Delivery Optimization Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization Missing: So ive checked in the registry, in devices, in task manager, everywhere. Delivery Optimization is simply missing from my computer. I could perform a clean install, but I'd rather not, i have a lot of important files, and the only version of win10 I have on disc is an older...
  4. Delivery Optimization Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Gone Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Gone Missing: This morning when I booted up my computer, it got stuck on the "Preparing Windows" phase of the boot-up for almost 10 minutes. I did a hard restart of my computer and that seemed to get it to boot up properly the second time around, but when I signed in, it was like I was...
  6. adobe is gone! any replacement!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe is gone! any replacement!: life after adobe in simple words/actions , if any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-is-gone-any-replacement/dcc28acf-e40c-4553-b658-3f40342f3428
  7. Windows Update or Defender ARE GONE/MISSING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update or Defender ARE GONE/MISSING: Hi guys, I'm so confused right now because my Windows Defender are all turned OFF and I can't turn them ON, and i thought it just an update but when i tried to update my windows it just keeps on loading and loading then nothing happened. I really need your help because I...
  8. Missing Security Updates ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing Security Updates ??: Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date, but Belarc Advisor says I am missing the following 2: 1KB2538242 2KB4569745 If these are really missing, how and where do I get them?...
  9. Tabs gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tabs gone missing: Hi, The tabs on some of the programs sometime is gone sometimes Explorer, Office apps, and Chrome. This happens to me many times already, on my desktop and also Surface Book 2. See below example happening to Chrome: [ATTACH] If I click on anything on the missing...
  10. Missing security and quality updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing security and quality updates: Hi my pc which is running windows 10 will not update quality and security up dates it says there's an error Error code is 0x8024a21e, I can't seem to get any sense from anywhere also windows trouble shooter just keeps looking for "pending restart, I have restarted the pc...