Windows 10: Good antivirus softwares

Discus and support Good antivirus softwares in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m getting a Windows desktop soon and I’d like to download an antivirus software for safety. I’ve only used Macs so I’m not very sure what works well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rsienna, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Good antivirus softwares

I’m getting a Windows desktop soon and I’d like to download an antivirus software for safety. I’ve only used Macs so I’m not very sure what works well. Could anyone recommend some? (Preferably cheap or at a free price)

submitted by /u/rsienna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rsienna, Jul 10, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jul 10, 2020
  3. KainXS Win User
    good antivirus /spyware software

I need some antivirus and anti spyware software and am looking at norton and avast right now, is avast home edition combined with spybot better than norton antivirus

if you know any good alternatives tell me ok*Toast :toast:

KainXS, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Good antivirus softwares

1. Good antivirus softwares - Similar Threads - antivirus softwares

2. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software: Dear Microsoft team,I hope this message finds you well. I'm an enthusiastic and committed user of your products, but I've recently come across a concerning issue that I and others in the community would appreciate your immediate attention to.In the latest operating system...
  3. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software: Dear Microsoft team,I hope this message finds you well. I'm an enthusiastic and committed user of your products, but I've recently come across a concerning issue that I and others in the community would appreciate your immediate attention to.In the latest operating system...
  4. explorer.exe fake timestamp and surveil Chinese antivirus software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does the Microsoft taking forever to signing in when i need to install antivirus software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Microsoft taking forever to signing in when i need to install antivirus software?: Hey guys, i am beyond frustrated right now. I think i have a virus on my computer and ive tried to use three different anti virus software with no luck on performing a virus scan. One was Windows Defender which said no action was needed, then I tried to install Bitdefender...
  6. Why does the Microsoft taking forever to signing in when i need to install antivirus software?

Why does the Microsoft taking forever to signing in when i need to install antivirus software?: Hey guys, i am beyond frustrated right now. I think i have a virus on my computer and ive tried to use three different anti virus software with no luck on performing a virus scan. One was Windows Defender which said no action was needed, then I tried to install Bitdefender...
  7. What antivirus and firewall software can I use with Windows 11?

What antivirus and firewall software can I use with Windows 11?: What antivirus and firewall software can I use with Windows 11? I installed and used both zone alarm free and avast anti-virus free. my laptop is:...
  8. What antivirus and firewall software can I use with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What antivirus and firewall software can I use with Windows 11?: What antivirus and firewall software can I use with Windows 11? I installed and used both zone alarm free and avast anti-virus free. my laptop is:...
  9. Can I Scan With Window Defender Even I Have Already Installed 3rd Party Antivirus Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Scan With Window Defender Even I Have Already Installed 3rd Party Antivirus Software: If Yes, Can Both Of It Scan At The Same Time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-scan-with-window-defender-even-i-have/8be95b6f-cd6f-493f-9da2-39b231b5e30d
  10. Can I Scan With Window Defender Even I Have Already Installed 3rd Party Antivirus Software

Can I Scan With Window Defender Even I Have Already Installed 3rd Party Antivirus Software: If Yes, Can Both Of It Scan At The Same Time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-scan-with-window-defender-even-i-have/8be95b6f-cd6f-493f-9da2-39b231b5e30d