Windows 10: Good basic networking tutorial?

Discus and support Good basic networking tutorial? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you point me to a basic Win10 networking tutorial? Thanks 106058 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mingus, Mar 13, 2018.

1. mingus Win User

Good basic networking tutorial?

Can you point me to a basic Win10 networking tutorial?

Thanks

:)

mingus, Mar 13, 2018
  2. sda_ Win User

E6 - good phone but missing basic good function

Thank 50percent,

I hadn't tried the social network app. its pretty good. but here is no FB Chatting.

More over i couldn't find the OVI Messenger.

So u see Nokia has missed out on some important apps that should be pre-loaded.

As of the BT & Profile change, I am aware of those regular procedure, but direct key is really helpful, which now i know is hidden - actually its on the places where it used to be in non-QWERTY phones......

3. E6 - good phone but missing basic good function

You can turn on silent by hitting the On/Off Button once and getting up profiles. Or tapping the profile name on the touch screen to switch to Silent.

As stated above on the Bluetooth - just put a Home Screen shortcut, hold the key or there is an App in Ovi for fast switching.

The wifi is a problem. You can put a Wifi Widget on the home screen and enable / disable auto scanning, but problem is the phone automatically connects to a Wifi it knows, even if Wifi scanning is switched off. Very frustrating and only way round it is to
    go into the Connections and Delete the Wifi from the phone.

Not sure about the softkeys, I've not had a need to change them and was happy with the factory set-up. Any additional links I'd just use a shortcuts bar.

As for Software Nokia have their own App for accessing Facebook and Twitter. It's Ok. Under Applications go into the Social App and add your Facebook or Twitter account.

50percent---01, Mar 13, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Peer to Peer Network - P2P Network - Fundamental concepts explained with example - What Why How - YouTube basic P2P networking, Windows 10 complicates this considerable, Once you get the basics down it just a matter of getting the correct services running.

I use the P2P with the" Exact same User & Password" on each of the computers on the network, so then my shares are to Authenticated Users on all computers. Ensure you set the security setting to the same Authenticated Users.

I don't recommend the built-in HomeGroup and I believe that MS has dropped the feature in the next SCU major upgrade coming in April.

Clintlgm, Mar 13, 2018
  5. mingus Win User
    Homegroup is goofy. would rather not use it.

Is there any major issue with not using passwords on the network?

thanks again, will look this over.

mingus, Mar 13, 2018
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    I wouldn't know I never allow users without a Strong passwords

Clintlgm, Mar 13, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    That was confirmed here.
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17063 for PC

Yes. You can't use Network Credentials if your account has no password.

If you must use accounts with no password then the only option is to turn off password protected sharing on the PC you want to connect to. Then you use ntfs permissions on the folders being shared to control who has access. For a home network where security isn't a concern just grant the EVERYONE group full control.

Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10

8. mingus Win User

doesn't make sense on a business network. thanks again for the help.

mingus, Mar 14, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    Then all accounts will need to have passwords in order to connect to shares using network credentials.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Good basic networking tutorial? - Similar Threads - basic networking tutorial

2. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic Network Information: Hi All.I have a couple pcs/laptops connected to the internet , via a BT broandnabd RouterEach of the computers have static IP addresses , with the Bt Router as the Default Gateway and the Dns.All is working OK.However on one of the PC's the basic Network Info is howing...
  3. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic Network Information: Hi All.I have a couple pcs/laptops connected to the internet , via a BT broandnabd RouterEach of the computers have static IP addresses , with the Bt Router as the Default Gateway and the Dns.All is working OK.However on one of the PC's the basic Network Info is howing...
  4. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explore basics tutorial

File Explore basics tutorial: My saved downloads, documents, any item I try to save in File Explorer are all going to different folders at random apparently. All of my File Explore is 'screwed up'!Please, please, can someone tell me a simple way to clean it up and get it back to the way it was set up when...
  6. File Explore basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore basics tutorial: My saved downloads, documents, any item I try to save in File Explorer are all going to different folders at random apparently. All of my File Explore is 'screwed up'!Please, please, can someone tell me a simple way to clean it up and get it back to the way it was set up when...
  7. File Explore basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locating a "Windows" basics tutorial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locating a "Windows" basics tutorial: Where on the Microsoft website or perhaps in my computer do you find, " The Basics of Windows" ? You know, a straightforward tutorial on the basics ! From the source ! ,...
  9. Networking on a simple basic system

Networking on a simple basic system: Yet again Microsoft is screwing with our machines with another update forced upon us that mucks up home networking by changing something to stop machines talking to each other. Yesterday my network of six desktop could talk with the two Network addressable Storage on the...
  10. Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is this Tutorial "Reset File History to Default in Window" still good: Reset File History to Default in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials My File History is a complete and total mess, leading to Search being unusable. I'd like to start over to see if I can fix it before I start posting my tale of woe. EDIT: I think my problem may be my...