Windows 10: Good data recovery tool for deleted files?

Discus and support Good data recovery tool for deleted files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I ran an Acronis "Cleanup" utility that supposedly completely removes Acronis products from a computer. Either I had a serious disk problem at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pokeefe0001, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Good data recovery tool for deleted files?

I ran an Acronis "Cleanup" utility that supposedly completely removes Acronis products from a computer. Either I had a serious disk problem at the same time, or it also deletes backup files ... including non-Acronis backup files. Is there a good, safe, reputable data recovery tool for recovering deleted files and directories? I know there are programs advertised as doing that, but I don't know if they really work.

:)

pokeefe0001, Nov 6, 2016

2. Program to recover permanently deleted files

Search for free data recovery tools the free ones may limit the amount of data you can recover. EASEUS partition data recovery is one of them.

OctavianQR, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Program to recover permanently deleted files

Search for free data recovery tools the free ones may limit the amount of data you can recover. EASEUS partition data recovery is one of them.

OctavianQR, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Good data recovery tool for deleted files?

Mark Phelps, Nov 6, 2016
  5. I use Recuva Recuva - Free Data Recovery tool - Free Download. It is from the same company that created ccleaner. I used it over the weekend after accidentally deleting folders with photos. I recovered everyone successfully. I restored them to an external drive.

kcmichaelb, Nov 6, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Recuva is great for recovering Deleted Files and Folders. But in some cases, you need stronger software.
    MiniTool is great I have had the best luck with GetDataBack.

spunk, Nov 6, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Try not to write anything to the drive you are trying to recover your files from. You chance writing over your files every time you write to that drive.

Winuser, Nov 6, 2016
  8. Good data recovery tool for deleted files?

Thanks for the replies. I've tried Recuva. It did a good job of finding deleted files, but (at least when recovering to a different drive - the only safe way to do it) it ignored the directory structure. I now have a directory with 45,717 recovered files. It reported the original file path but ignored that on recovery. And if I tried recovering only a specific folder it still ignored subfolders, and also included files from unknown folders - over 4000 files. Ugly! The free MiniTool Power Data Recovery has a 1GB limit and I have over 21GB of deleted files I don't need to recover all of them, but the really important files - some backups - total well over 1GB. Ran it's scan and it was very fast, but I could not see the recovery options (like if it would recover to a different drive, whether it recovers the deleted directory structure, etc.). If it recovers the directory structure I'm willing to buy the full product, but I want to have that confirmed before I waste money on it. I tried, gave up on, and am trying again the Puran File Recovery product. Judging from it's progress bar it's going to be another 4 or 5 hours before I have any results from it.

pokeefe0001, Nov 7, 2016
  9. Risk Win User
    Recuva for deleted files , Partition recovery and data would require a partiton data recovery tool such as EaseUS data recovery. whilst many of these tools are are free they normally limit the amount you can recover to 1GB

Risk, Nov 7, 2016
  10. Dominik Win User
    Dominik, Nov 7, 2016
  11. It turns out the recovery exercise is moot. Some of the files -critical files - "recovered" by multiple products were empty. I'm not sure how to interpret that. I guess the paths to the files were there and a valid file (rather than the middle of some other file) was at those locations, but the files were zero bytes long. Since the only important lost files were backups of existing data I'm just taking new backups. Thanks to all those that responded.

pokeefe0001, Nov 7, 2016
  12. pstrg Win User
    For some reason Recuva default setting is to ignore directory structure.
    In Advanced Settings it's possible to select directory structure to be preserved when restoring.

pstrg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Good data recovery tool for deleted files?

1. Good data recovery tool for deleted files? - Similar Threads - data recovery tool

2. What is a good windows data recovery software ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a good windows data recovery software ?: My external HDD is corrupted . I tried to check the contents in it with an Ubuntu live cd but the external HDD is showing empty . I think i lost a terrabyte of documents , software and photos Are there any good software i can try to recover data from that HDD . I have used...
  3. Is Minitool data recovery for android phone any good ?

Is Minitool data recovery for android phone any good ?: I would like to know is it possible to recover a deleted text messages from android phone using some software like Minitool data recovery or does it depend on type of phone and age of it..mine is Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 with Android version 6.0.1. I have tried some but after...
  4. Recovery Of Deleted User data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Of Deleted User data: I have an old user on my hp-all in one PC that i have deleted and i want all the data from that user back the name of the user is sreedeep sreederhan my new user's name is aarav sreedeep...
  5. Deleted File - Recovery??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted File - Recovery??: Hi, I am very hopeful that someone out there can help me.....yesterday, I connected my Samsung Galaxy phone to my Microsoft Surface via a USB, and basically cleansed my phone. I saved everything on to a new 'Samsung' file, which I had newly created to sit in my 'Documnets'...
  6. Recovery of deleted files

Recovery of deleted files: Hi Everyone, It would be much appreciated if someone could help me with the following. Accidentally clicked on the Yes on the warning message below. "Deleting an online-only file permanently removes it from your PC without sending it to the Recycle Bin. Are you sure you...
  7. recovery deleted file

recovery deleted file: how can restore deleted word file from recycle bin of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-deleted-file/9bbe6778-5c43-41e5-a026-2d92eddafd93"
  8. Data Recovery Tool

Data Recovery Tool: Hi I'm looking for a totally free recovery tool I recently downloaded easeus but realized you only get to recover 500mb then you have to upgrade so if there is a tool out there that is free and lets you recover more than 500mb I would appreciate the help thanks. 129382
  9. Data Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery Tool: Hi I'm looking for a totally free recovery tool I recently downloaded easeus but realized you only get to recover 500mb then you have to upgrade so if there is a tool out there that is free and lets you recover more than 500mb I would appreciate the help thanks. 129382
  10. 40 Free Data Destruction Software Tools - good resource!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    40 Free Data Destruction Software Tools - good resource!: Hi all - I *really* like this article, so I thought that it is worth posting. 40 Free Data Destruction Software Tools (Jan. 2019) Please read carefully! *Warning 126341