Windows 10: Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do?

Discus and support Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle of the keyboard is not working. What do i doRegardsCalvigo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr. Cee2022, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do?

Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle of the keyboard is not working. What do i doRegardsCalvigo

:)

Mr. Cee2022, Nov 14, 2022

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Nov 14, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    Old bluetooth dongle not work with new ear buds

I have good use of the first Bluetooth dongle on their list on my Notebooks that do not include Bluetooth as part of the Wireless Network adapter and on Desktops:
    Search bluetooth

But has been noted with a number of posts on this and other forums, Bluetooth and audio isn't all that easy to work with, no big problem with mice.

Berton, Nov 14, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do?

Old bluetooth dongle not work with new ear buds

I have a laptop, 2 desktops, and 2 TVs with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth is built into the laptop and TVs but the desktops have Bluetooth dongles.

I have a Bluetooth headset and buds. Both will connect to any of the devices above. The biggest problem is pairing. I have discovered that sometimes I can't pair with one device if it is still paired with another. Once I unpair the old device I can pair them with a new one. Another thing is know is how to start pairing mode. The headset and buds have different ways to do this. Sometime a device will show that has already been paired but will not connect. I have to delete the device in the list and redo the pairing again. Then it will connect again.

MisterEd, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do?

1. Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do? - Similar Threads - wireless keyboard bluetooth

2. How do I purchase another dongle for my wireless keyboard and mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I purchase another dongle for my wireless keyboard and mouse?: Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-purchase-another-dongle-for-my-wireless/76e8758f-befb-4abf-82d5-0540defc4297
  3. How do I purchase another dongle for my wireless keyboard and mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I purchase another dongle for my wireless keyboard and mouse?: Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-purchase-another-dongle-for-my-wireless/76e8758f-befb-4abf-82d5-0540defc4297
  4. Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.

Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.: I have tried literally everything in my power to get Bluetooth to work. It either won't detect any devices or if it DOES, it'll just say that it can't connect and go right back to being a failure. I'm losing my mind, I just want to pair my headphones to this PC that costed me...
  5. Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.: I have tried literally everything in my power to get Bluetooth to work. It either won't detect any devices or if it DOES, it'll just say that it can't connect and go right back to being a failure. I'm losing my mind, I just want to pair my headphones to this PC that costed me...
  6. good day. I have downloaded Windows 11 BUT DO NOT wish to install it. What do i do to get...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    good day. I have downloaded Windows 11 BUT DO NOT wish to install it. What do i do to get...: Good dayI have DOWNLOADED WINDOWS 11 but have decided that I DO NOT wish to install itHELP - what do I doviv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/good-day-i-have-downloaded-windows-11-but-do-not/d08b9c08-64aa-4208-a954-b73ed84b1223
  7. good day. I have downloaded Windows 11 BUT DO NOT wish to install it. What do i do to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    good day. I have downloaded Windows 11 BUT DO NOT wish to install it. What do i do to get...: Good dayI have DOWNLOADED WINDOWS 11 but have decided that I DO NOT wish to install itHELP - what do I doviv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/good-day-i-have-downloaded-windows-11-but-do-not/d08b9c08-64aa-4208-a954-b73ed84b1223
  8. good day. I have downloaded Windows 11 BUT DO NOT wish to install it. What do i do to get...

9. Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do?

Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle is not working. What do i do?: Good day, I have a wireless keyboard but the bluetooth dongle of the keyboard is not working. What do i doRegardsCalvigo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/good-day-i-have-a-wireless-keyboard-but-the/37afa32e-ba12-4db7-85f6-9679e2ec2cbc
  10. Bluetooth Dongle Not Working NO MATTER WHAT I DO.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Dongle Not Working NO MATTER WHAT I DO.: Hello, as it says in the title I cannot for the life of me get my bluetooth dongle to work with Windows 10. I have tried multiple dongles, tried the bluetooth troubleshooter, installing drivers, rebooting...everything. No matter what I do, when i go to "Bluetooth and other...