Windows 10: Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

Discus and support Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SchwippySchwap, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?

:)

SchwippySchwap, Aug 9, 2020

2. avast free antivirus vs windows defender

>it's true that Avast Free Antivirus is better by a lot compare to windows defender?

As
    BulldogXX
    already mentioned: That's a matter of opinion.

Suggestion to read:

Suggestion to watch:

Jsssssssss, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Avast Free Antivirus

Running Windows 10, have Avast Free Antivirus. I don't know how it got on my surface laptop. Do I need this? Does it come bundled with Windows 10

RichardVan Duysen, Aug 9, 2020
  4. KainXS Win User

Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

good antivirus /spyware software

I need some antivirus and anti spyware software and am looking at norton and avast right now, is avast home edition combined with spybot better than norton antivirus

if you know any good alternatives tell me ok*Toast :toast:

KainXS, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

1. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program? - Similar Threads - free alternative Avast

2. Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem: Hi, I just uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. After uninstall, I found a key written 'Avast Software' in the Registry Editor. I had tried a few times to remove the key but it failed. So, can someone help to figure out a way to remove the key? Thanks....
  3. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  4. How to remove malware with Avast free antivirus!

How to remove malware with Avast free antivirus!: So first download Avast free antivirus and the download link is in the bottom of the discussion and then you can get started and then when the setup is done and then you can run your first scan and then if the malware is not gone run a full computer scan and if the malware is...
  5. Any free alternative to Avast Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any free alternative to Avast Cleanup: I just need to boost my performance on my pc, so all I need is a free alternative to avast cleanup. Thank you submitted by /u/NetStreet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9s66q/any_free_alternative_to_avast_cleanup/
  6. Do you know a free good antivirus program for Win10?

Do you know a free good antivirus program for Win10?: Hey community you know a good antivirus program probably caught me a virus and that's why I'm here now...should be for free...thanks in advance Kennt ihr ein kostenloses gutes Antiviren Programm für Win10?
  7. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  8. How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus"

How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus": Hello All: Somehow a software named "Avast Free Antivirus" intruded into my w10. I go to Control Panel/Programms/Uninstall to Uninstall it BUT failed!! How can I drive it out of my pc? --- Zhao...
  9. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...
  10. Photoshop users Good free alternative GIMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop users Good free alternative GIMP: Anyone who is either coming from the real art world or wishes to try their hand the electronic version of "Proper" Painting, should take a look at the Artrange range of realistic Painting applications at ArtRage - Natural Painting Software They are often included free with...