Windows 10: Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much.

Discus and support Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/htausdu293a51.png?width=259&format=png&auto=webp&s=cad78527ba1b0d1e613a980debd8de38f4e5ccf7 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeathLord081504, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much.

/u/DeathLord081504, Jul 10, 2020
  2. K.L.11 Win User

How do I find out the detail information about what files take up my storage space?

In settings, only storage usage in each category is displayed. I cannot get details of them, so I cannot manual delete the useless files that take up spaces. Does anyone know how to find out detail information of storage usage? Thank you.

K.L.11, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much. :(

Frick, Jul 10, 2020
  4. glen95 Win User

Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much.

Storage Free = 0.00MB... can't change!

I have suddenly run out of free space on my Windows Phone 7.

I suspect that an application (maybe Kindle?) filled its space and somehow got corrupted. When I got out of the app, then started it again, it had forgotten my login id and password.

I restarted the phone... no change.
    In Kindle, I archived all my books... no change.
    I uninstalled Kindle... no change.
    Reinstalled Kindle... no change.

When plugged into Zune, Zune shows my Free storage as 0.00MB.

I then removed numerous pictures and videos.

In the phone's Settings / About, it shows Available Storage as 487MB.
    In Zune, it still shows as 0.00MB.

I've told Zune to "Forget this Phone", and then re-"registered" it, only to still find 0.00MB free.

Is there any way to list apps and how much storage space they are using? I can't find any app that would be taking multiple GB of space!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

glen95, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much.

1. Good free storage manager? I need storage, and cannot find out what is taking up so much. - Similar Threads - free storage manager

2. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  3. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  4. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What is taking up storage?

What is taking up storage?: Hello, I have this problem where I barely have any space left on my 475GB SSD. when I look in settings, it says that installed apps take up around 350GB, but when I click on installed apps, It says that the largest one is 3GB. This is obviously not true. I mostly have games...
  6. What is taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is taking up storage?: Hello, I have this problem where I barely have any space left on my 475GB SSD. when I look in settings, it says that installed apps take up around 350GB, but when I click on installed apps, It says that the largest one is 3GB. This is obviously not true. I mostly have games...
  7. Mail taking up too much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail taking up too much storage: Hello. I wanted to clean up some space on my PC so I went into the storage tab in settings > system, and noticed that the "mail" section NOT the mail app is taking up 32.5GB. I don't use mail and this might be someone's leftover mail from when this pc was shared, but it no...
  8. Mail taking up too much storage

Mail taking up too much storage: Hello. I wanted to clean up some space on my PC so I went into the storage tab in settings > system, and noticed that the "mail" section NOT the mail app is taking up 32.5GB. I don't use mail and this might be someone's leftover mail from when this pc was shared, but it no...
  9. Windows 10 Taking up to Much Storage

Windows 10 Taking up to Much Storage: Hi, I have windows 10 and it is taking up storage on my small ssid I only have 1g of storage left. Does anybody know how to maybe shrink the system reserved files so I have more storage?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Why does this take so much storage

Why does this take so much storage: [ATTACH] Why does it take so much space!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-take-so-much-storage/3402a448-26b1-4bcc-bdb2-8447ddd1d4fd