Windows 10: "Good" Linux for My OptiPlex GX520?

Discus and support "Good" Linux for My OptiPlex GX520? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, guys, I am looking for a Linux OS which you would recommend for the following hardware... It is mainly about being Smooth running. Hardware: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bastilara2812, Aug 5, 2020.

1. "Good" Linux for My OptiPlex GX520?

Hi, guys,
    I am looking for a Linux OS which you would recommend for the following hardware...
    It is mainly about being Smooth running.
    Hardware:
    - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.ooGHz
    - 1Gbit Ram
    - System type: 64bit (currently Windows 10 32bit is on it
    - Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family (WDDM 1.0) graphics
    I have already tried CloudReady, but the 64bit version runs only slowly and if it gets faster, then everything runs smoothly for 10-60 minutes but then everything starts over again...

:)

bastilara2812, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Aug 5, 2020
  4. "Good" Linux for My OptiPlex GX520?

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

"Good" Linux for My OptiPlex GX520?

1. "Good" Linux for My OptiPlex GX520? - Similar Threads - Linux OptiPlex GX520

2. Edge surprisingly good on Linux !!!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge surprisingly good on Linux !!!: Hi there Edge running on Fedora rel 34 ( remember fedora 34 is itself a beta release too) with kernel 5-11-14-300.fc34.x89_64 running quite well -- giving Firefox a run for its money !!! although I still prefer menus in FF and the better toolbars. Anybody running Linux VM's...
  3. 3 good ways to run Linux on Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3 good ways to run Linux on Windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrankyBear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i39jkb/3_good_ways_to_run_linux_on_windows/
  4. dell optiplex

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell optiplex: Do VPN really do anything on my desktop is it good to have? Thank you TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/d706ef1d-ed97-4c0b-826e-8f133fb7aa95
  5. delll optiplex

delll optiplex: Hi Why when i want to attach a file from different emails some time the attachment is there and some time its not from different websites where do they go > Thank you TIMMY...
  6. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell optiplex: [img] why do i have 2 desk tops is download desk top different than save as desktop? 148842
  7. Dell optiplex

Dell optiplex: Hi Is there anything else i can do to speed up my dell Optiplex Did all deleting of history etc still act very slow delay in typing also anything else i can try without resetting? Thank you TIMMY 1904 146929
  8. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: the computer works great what does this mean [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/85405d3d-2d31-45e8-b0eb-08127676e254
  9. My Dell Optiplex 3020

My Dell Optiplex 3020: So, a few days ago, I was bored and wanted to take a look at my specs of my PC. I ended up putting the RAM out of place but then I fixed that. Now, when I turn it off, a few seconds it turns back on and the time zone changes and earlier today, it said it was 2020. Please tell...
  10. Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on clean install W10 on a GX520: Have done a few Windows 10upgrades and clean installs, but not sure about this one...has P4 CPU, can't find out if will support Windows 10 or not. Dell tag 5W9DY1J thanks 51499