Windows 10: Good office alternatives for "WINDOWS "they don't exist.

Discus and support Good office alternatives for "WINDOWS "they don't exist. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Notice I quoted Windows. I refuse to keep paying $100 a year for MS Office that I barely use since the program needs constant updating every week there... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by reddice, Sep 29, 2017.

1. reddice Win User

Good office alternatives for "WINDOWS "they don't exist.

Notice I quoted Windows. I refuse to keep paying $100 a year for MS Office that I barely use since the program needs constant updating every week there is another update and on my other computers if I don't open the program for a week they get deactivated logged off.

I tried Libreoffice it use to be good but now fonts are fuzzy and it runs like garbage slow, flashing sluggish on my gaming PC with a SSD. My other slower computers it is unbearable.

I tried WPS Office and it can't even open OpenOffice documents, loads junk and now I have to get a refund another story.

Everything else is using the web browser, Google Docs and MSOffice Online so that is that nothing.

:)

reddice, Sep 29, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Sep 29, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. Edwin New Member

I use OfficeSuite Basic, works quite well.

OfficeSuite

Edwin, Sep 29, 2017
  5. reddice Win User
    • Print documents without a watermark
    • Ad Free
    require payment no thanks I guess I am stuck with that POS LibreOffice as there is no free competition.

reddice, Sep 29, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
  7. bo elam Win User
    I agree, Libre is a bit slow but wouldn't call it a POS. I started using it in W7 and continue using it now in W10. Personally, I think its just fine. I use the portable version. And run every office file that runs in my computer under Sandboxies supervision. Never a problem. So, I see the program as being slow but easy to configure and easy to keep it from phoning home, and runs without errors in W10 and Sandboxie. As far as I can see it, what else can I ask from a free program? Nothing.

Personally, if I had a free license to Microsoft Office, I wouldn't use it and would keep using Libre instead. I haven't tested many Office programs. Other than MS Office in XP and Libre in W7 and now in W10, I tested WPS, in my opinion, that program was a mess, it tried to phone home every time I ran an office file. It was complicated to setup properly to run under Sandboxie, not easy as Libre. *Smile

Bo

bo elam, Sep 29, 2017
  8. reddice Win User

Libre got really bad the last few updates. It lags menus have blurry text that flash. It is also more unstable now as it crashed on me a few times. Even the "stable" 5.3 is the same.

reddice, Sep 29, 2017
  9. bo elam Win User
    reddice, try the portable version. Uninstall the version you have now, and test it. I am using version 5.2.7. It is very slow when you open a file but afterward, working on a document or whatever, it is fast. In the opening post, you said you barely use the program. I am that way at this particular moment in time. I don't use Office every day or week. A couple years back, I needed Office programs every day but not now. It never crashes on me, I dont remember any crashes or blurry text or anything like that. If you scroll down the page below, you ll see the "Still"/Previous version, I recommend you try that one. Or, try doing a clean install of the non portable version.
    LibreOffice Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Bo

bo elam, Sep 29, 2017
  10. roy111 Win User
    Not my experience at all, so it may be a problem with your system;
    you can however try OpenOffice.org (from Apache), more conservative on upgrades.

roy111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Good office alternatives for "WINDOWS "they don't exist. - Similar Threads - office alternatives don't

2. A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?: Hi all,I have read that "No expert recommends using CCleaner any longer".I am wondering if there is a similar program that you experts can recommend to me to keep my PC Clean and Up to Date?Thank you in advance!Chris...
  3. A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?: Hi all,I have read that "No expert recommends using CCleaner any longer".I am wondering if there is a similar program that you experts can recommend to me to keep my PC Clean and Up to Date?Thank you in advance!Chris...
  4. Any good file explorer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good file explorer alternative?: File explorer is not only inferior to Mac Finder but it's inferior to Linux file explorers(Nautilus, Nemo, Dolphin) too. Any good alternative to try which makes me not frustrated? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/MuhammadJim [link] [comments]...
  5. what's a good alternative to utorrent??

what's a good alternative to utorrent??: many people told me it's bad for my computer or something and i use it a lot so what is a good replacement?? submitted by /u/EZZOOOTHEKING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8jlej/whats_a_good_alternative_to_utorrent/
  6. Any good file explorer alternatives

Any good file explorer alternatives: I'm looking for a good file explorer for windows 10 but i can't find any that look good. Right now i use explorer++ and it's fie but i think it's desing is outdated (it still uses XP icons). submitted by /u/nothingtoseehere196 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there a good windows alternative to Mac’s screen time?

Is there a good windows alternative to Mac’s screen time?: I want to set up times on my laptop so I don’t spend too much of my day browsing amazon or cnn, I know Apple has a screen time feature, does windows also have a similar feature? submitted by /u/idontknowwhotodo [link] [comments]...
  8. What's a good alternative system font?

What's a good alternative system font?: Windows 10 uses a lot of glyphs/unicode and really really wants them all in the system font. What's a good font to replace Segoe UI with? I just really don't like it for some reason I can't exactly put my finger on. I know how to use another font, I'm just looking for...
  9. Photoshop users Good free alternative GIMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop users Good free alternative GIMP: Anyone who is either coming from the real art world or wishes to try their hand the electronic version of "Proper" Painting, should take a look at the Artrange range of realistic Painting applications at ArtRage - Natural Painting Software They are often included free with...
  10. Free MS Office Alternative

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free MS Office Alternative: For those who would like an alternative to Microsoft Office for one reason or another (cost mainly), here's a free alternative; WPS for Business: Get a one-year WPS Office Business license for free - CNET 38182