Windows 10: Good Password Managers

Discus and support Good Password Managers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A year or so ago I spent some time looking at password managers. Mostly Dashlane, Lastpass and Bitwarden. I tossed Bitwarden because of some of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GracieAllen, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Good Password Managers

A year or so ago I spent some time looking at password managers. Mostly Dashlane, Lastpass and Bitwarden. I tossed Bitwarden because of some of the things it didn't do well (which I cannot recall what any more), and got down to Lastpass and Dashlane. Wife preferred Dashlane by a tiny margin so that's what we went with.

Dashlane is getting rid of their desktop component and forcing everything into browsers, AND of greater concern, there's no way to export anything but the passwords except in THEIR encrypted format. So they're making it VERY difficult to move elsewhere. And, of course, their support is pretty dreadful. So, it's time to move to a different, HOPEFULLY better, tool.
    We've got a bunch of passwords, a bunch of secure notes, financial stuff, software licenses, activation codes and sundry things, none of which are accessible for export, so I'm going to have to pull the data manually. I'll then drop it in a spreadsheet and set the headers for whatever we move to and import as needed.

This is going to be like the backup thing and the antivirus/anti-malware thing - Ease of use, convenience, robustness, reasonable cost, extremely effective... Which tools are the best fit for ordinary users? I have HEARD that Lastpass CAN ALSO handle usernames and passwords for LOCAL applications like Adobe Creative Cloud, but I've never actually had anybody confirm this absolutely. I've also hear THEIR support is as atrocious as Dashlane's...

So, who's the best fit?

:)

GracieAllen, Jan 30, 2021
  2. giejack Win User

password manager

I looking for a good password manager. I used to use RoboForm but you have to pay for that every year. im looking for a good free one or a cheap one that you only have to pay once. thanks for any help

giejack, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Good Password Managers

password manager

i just use a piece of paper.

Easy Rhino, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Good Password Managers

1. Good Password Managers - Similar Threads - Password Managers

2. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  3. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  4. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...: Hi,Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct Windows PIN.The PIN is correct. There is no error message or anything. The PIN box just disappears after entering the correct PIN and DOES NOT display the passwords saved in google pw...
  6. Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...

Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...: Hi,Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct Windows PIN.The PIN is correct. There is no error message or anything. The PIN box just disappears after entering the correct PIN and DOES NOT display the passwords saved in google pw...
  7. Windows does not reveal passwords saved in google password manager after entering correct...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager: Ever since I My passwords do not show up when I click on the tab for them in the Wallet page and I can't access my credentials as every time I try to it says "You do not have permission to save files to this location. Select a different location". I have tried other solutions...
  9. I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager

I cannot access my passwords or my credential manager: Ever since I My passwords do not show up when I click on the tab for them in the Wallet page and I can't access my credentials as every time I try to it says "You do not have permission to save files to this location. Select a different location". I have tried other solutions...
  10. Am using Google password manager, but Microsoft account password is acquired from some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am using Google password manager, but Microsoft account password is acquired from some...: I use Google password manager,and it works pretty well most of the time. However, whenever I try to log into account microsoft.com the password is acquired somewhere else. I have never been able to find what this sources or where it is and am. forced to change my password...