Windows 10: Good USB Mic Sounds Bad In Xbox App For Windows 10, But Super Good In Audacity.

Discus and support Good USB Mic Sounds Bad In Xbox App For Windows 10, But Super Good In Audacity. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently broke my Logitech G430 Headset and wanted to try an external mic. It sounds super good in Audacity for voiceovers, but I'll explain what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vosille, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Vosille Win User

Good USB Mic Sounds Bad In Xbox App For Windows 10, But Super Good In Audacity.

Hi, I recently broke my Logitech G430 Headset and wanted to try an external mic. It sounds super good in Audacity for voiceovers, but I'll explain what it sounds like in the Xbox App. So I made a new Xbox profile just so I good go into a party with myself to test the mic quality and this is what it sounds like: I talk and immediately I hear a degrade in quality from Audacity. Every second or two there is some white noise, then it cuts out, then it comes back. Then randomly it gets louder and louder, and my cheap headset doesn't sound like this at all. Is there a problem with USB Mics? Am I plugging it in a wrong USB port? I've looked at countless threads but nothing fixed it.

If anyone can help me fix the quality and eliminate the white noise and low quality and surprisingly I do not have any background noise in the first place, I would really appreciate that.

My exact microphone is the Maono Mic Kit going for $64.99 on Amazon. I plug it right into the front of my PC.

If necessary, I could make a small video of me testing the Audacity quality and comparing it to the Xbox quality.

:)

Vosille, Jun 24, 2020

2. XBOX app, no mic, no sound

I got a new mic it's the "AT2020 XLR" so i needed an XLR to usb interface that's the "TASCAM US-1*2", i have the settings for input set to the "TASCAM US-1*2" and output set to my speakers "AKG K7XX". have looked in the sounds settings and only have four
    options all 2 channel, 24 bit, but the Hz go from 44100 to 96000 all studio quilty. In the privacy settings i have both the XBOX things set to allow use of the mic. not sure why it wont work but i know how **** the XBOX app is on windows 10.

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

andrewlarsen1, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Page Hite Win User
    Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Jun 24, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Good USB Mic Sounds Bad In Xbox App For Windows 10, But Super Good In Audacity. :p

cadaveca, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Good USB Mic Sounds Bad In Xbox App For Windows 10, But Super Good In Audacity. - Similar Threads - USB Mic Sounds

2. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  3. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  4. Good news and bad news

Good news and bad news: Ok, so let's get the bad news out of the way. I should think you all are experiencing this too. Windows 11 is so bad. I downloaded it August '21 and it is slow and ugly. Ok, now for the good news, I am downgrading to Windows 8.1 and edge is all of a sudden downloading the...
  5. Is this a good mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this a good mic?: So, this is just a quick question for a new microphone I'm planning on getting.It's called the tonor tc-777.It currently is having a crazy deal, it's normally a 40 dollar microphone, they have a deal that makes it 34 dollars, and I can add a 40% off coupon to make it 20 or so...
  6. Xbox is good

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox is good: Why is the playstation so bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/xbox-is-good/883da916-bb76-4d54-b0e8-7072d17552a1
  7. A good but A BAD update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A good but A BAD update: Hi!Yesterday I updated my windows from Win7 to Win10.When i opened windows explorer I saw that my disk D: is missing..I tryed to update the drivers or search for it in Disk Management but i can t find it. I opened the command prompt and type diskpart..Here i search for my...
  8. signing in as administrator, good or bad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    signing in as administrator, good or bad?: I've been told I should not be signing in as an administrator on my laptop when I'm going to be using the internet. Is that true? If so, how do I sign in on my laptop without administrator privileges?...
  9. one good one bad

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    one good one bad: I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your...
  10. Apps - The Good Bad & the Ugly.

Apps - The Good Bad & the Ugly.: Hi, Not asking anyone to solve this problem really but just wishing to raise the subject of problematic Apps which for me are spoiling my satisfaction of Windows 10. Windows 10 for me is working fine and I like it. that is all but the Apps which are a complete pain. Here is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my usb mic sounds fine in game chat and horrible in xbox app