Windows 10: Good V2P (Virtual to Physical) program

Discus and support Good V2P (Virtual to Physical) program in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks I used to use VMWare's V2P program to convert a Virtual machine to physical. Fails now with when you try and re-boot the newly created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 25, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Good V2P (Virtual to Physical) program

Hi folks

I used to use VMWare's V2P program to convert a Virtual machine to physical.

Fails now with when you try and re-boot the newly created physical OS (typical Linux Distros).

For Windows VM's with Macrium it;s simple - just image the vm with Macrium and restore it - doesn't matter if it's different hardware. It will probably fail on boot ist time but simply use the Macrium "Fix boot problems" and it will be OK.

Simply enter license key if required and any missing drivers will eventually be found via WU or from the hardware site e.g special graphics drivers.

Re-installing Linux isn't a big deal but it would be great to have a decent V2P process so that a decent system I've constructed can be replicated to a physical machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 25, 2019
  2. RonFarns Win User

IP Interface Priority (physical and virtual)

Is it possible to change the ifIndex number (set it lower for the physical adapter than the ifIndex numbers assigned to virtual, VMNet, adapters) using the Set-NetIPInterface command (or some other powershell command)?

This would be on a Windows 10 operating system. I have an application that gets a list of local IP address and on the PC it runs on VMware is installed and has multiple virtual adapters. My application always returns the IP address of one of the virtual
    adapters but I need it to get the IP address of my physical adapter so I need its IP address to be first in the list.

Any suggestions? (A registry edit maybe?)

RonFarns, Jan 25, 2019
  3. nkaufman Win User
    V2P Tutorial needed!!

So, my plan to
    1 - create VMs with Win-7,
    2 - make backup of this template,
    3 - activate Win-7
    4- upgrade to Win-10
    5-make a backup of this Win-10 VM
    6-repeat steps to make multiple VMs

Then as needed, convert these VMs to physical machines cannot be done?

Thanks,

nkaufman, Jan 25, 2019
  4. nkaufman Win User

V2P Tutorial needed!!

Interesting. So one can create a EFI VM with legacy host and there'd be no issues while creating a physical machine (w/UEFI enabled)?

nkaufman, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Good V2P (Virtual to Physical) program - Similar Threads - V2P Virtual Physical

2. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  3. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  4. Is virtual RAM a good means

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is virtual RAM a good means: I am searching on the internet to find out about virtual ram. My laptop has an i3 6-gen processor with 250 SSD and 1024HDD + 4GB ram windows has around 5000MB virtual ram on its own can I extend it to more like 10GB? I want to know all the pros and cons regarding this. Please...
  5. Is virtual RAM a good means

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is virtual RAM a good means: I am searching on the internet to find out about virtual ram. My laptop has an i3 6-gen processor with 250 SSD and 1024HDD + 4GB ram windows has around 5000MB virtual ram on its own can I extend it to more like 10GB? I want to know all the pros and cons regarding this. Please...
  6. Is virtual RAM a good means

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. capture WIM image of KVM W10 VM for convert to physical (V2P)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    capture WIM image of KVM W10 VM for convert to physical (V2P): Hi folks @Hopachi one for you as well to try out !!! I've got a great running W10 KVM virtual machine running with all the software working etc -- so I would like to capture the WIM image via DISM. Also I'd like all the software etc on a Windows ISO so I don't have to...
  8. Virtual to Physical -- easy way (good also for insider builds etc)

Virtual to Physical -- easy way (good also for insider builds etc): Hi folks For those having trouble installing insider builds / updating them etc due to miscellaneous errors (mobo, drivers etc etc) here's a suggestion I've found that invariably works. (Backup existing system first of course !!!). 1) Create the relevant iso for the build...
  9. Physical and Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Physical and Virtual Memory: Hi, I new with windows 10 and I have some question: My OS is win 10 x64 Ultimate and I have 32GB of physical memory but when I checked my virtual I noticed that when was setup for "Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers" was a little more than 2000 MB but when...
  10. HYPER-V VM convert to Physical machine - any easy way for V2P

HYPER-V VM convert to Physical machine - any easy way for V2P: Hi folks especially @Kari One thing with Virtual Machines created by VMware is that it's usually easy to create a physical machine environment from the guest W10 machine by using the various tools out there (V2P conversion). Even taking an image with Macrium and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. v2p windows 10

2. windows 10 virtual to physical v2p

3. windows 10 v2p