Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

Discus and support Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

See also (video): Developing for the Windows 10 Device Platform Channel 9

:)

Brink, Mar 25, 2015
  2. huddie71 Win User

Keyboard Shortcuts for Remote Desktop App

Anybody know the answer to this ? Got any links for the Modern / Metro / Universal Remote Desktop app shortcut keys ?

huddie71, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    remove apps from start menu windows 10 build 14393.105

Hello,

The quickest way to uninstall apps in Windows 10 is to find the app you want to delete in the start menu app list and then to right click. A pop-up menu should appear with a couple of options. One of the options should be "Uninstall" (Not all apps have the
    option to uninstall due to the fact that they are necessary for windows to run smoothly, but most are uninstall-able). Once "Uninstall" is clicked the app should be uninstalled automatically with no further involvement needed.

When older apps (non universal or metro apps) are uninstalled however a Control Panel window will appear with a list of all installed (non-universal and metro apps) apps and you will need to find the app in the list that you wish to uninstall, select the
    app, right click and select "Uninstall".

Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 25, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Universal apps, build once run anywhere !

rfruth, Mar 25, 2015
  5. ThrashZone Win User
    What a relief all of this jumping around with naming is really just weird,
    Call it a duck but stick with the feathered mofo *Smile
    The obvious name finally is realized Windows apps brilliant *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 25, 2015
  6. blutos cousin Win User
    Metro apps ,Modern U.I apps ,and Windows apps now ............ aside from the mail and weather apps I call them t̷a̷r̷d̷ pad and smart phone apps *Cool

blutos cousin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps - Similar Threads - Goodbye Metro Modern

1. MS just did it: kissing Internet Explorer goodbye

in Windows 10 News
    MS just did it: kissing Internet Explorer goodbye: I don't know exactly what MS did to Internet Explorer - and probably it wasn't just a single change but several small changes - but in the last month it became more and more tedious to browse the web using Internet Explorer. Again and again I just got a "This webpage cannot...
  2. Goodbye Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye Windows 10: Fed up with failed updates constantly trying to install and going into update loops. Wasting my time. Back to Windows 7. Maybe when MS gets their act together I'll go back but for now it's over. 26627
  3. 'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye)

in Windows 10 News
    'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye): I have set up a PIN and a password. I have taken multiple pictures of my mug for Windows "Hello" sign in. Yet, about one out of every five times I try to sign in to Windows - mostly coming out of sleep, but not always - I get the message "Before you can start using your...
  4. Update hell & goodbye MS

in Windows 10 News
    Update hell & goodbye MS: Hi folks This is more of a report than a query.When Windows 10 insisted itself on to our PCs we were given to understandthat updates would be forced rather than optional.All well & good if greater security & stability is the payoff. But it didn't work out quite like that...
  5. Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.

in Windows 10 News
    Woke up to black monitors. Another Windows update. Goodbye Windows 10.: Reinstalling windows 7 today. As a digital media producer I'll have to reinstall 30 or so programs. But after 5 projects postponed and 2 presentations delayed because of Window's infuriating automatic update policy destroying my drivers, I've had enough of this BS. If you're...
  6. A Sad Goodbye to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A Sad Goodbye to Windows 10: Earlier in the week I woke up W10 and to my shock a blue page appeared telling me an error 0xc000021a had occoured the system gather data then restarted. Another blue page appeared informing me of Stop Code WDF violation. Next the system attempted to repaired itself but...
  7. Goodbye, Microsoft Lumia. Hello Surface mobile?

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Microsoft Lumia. Hello Surface mobile?: For years, one of Microsoft's most important mantras was "high volume, low cost." The company grew a lot of its core businesses by undercutting its competitors' prices in order to build a larger customer base. When Microsoft announced its plan to buy Nokia's handset...
Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps solved