Windows 10: Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

Discus and support Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

Read more: Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

See also (video): Developing for the Windows 10 Device Platform Channel 9

:)

Brink, Mar 25, 2015
  2. huddie71 Win User

Keyboard Shortcuts for Remote Desktop App

Anybody know the answer to this ? Got any links for the Modern / Metro / Universal Remote Desktop app shortcut keys ?

huddie71, Mar 25, 2015
  3. remove apps from start menu windows 10 build 14393.105

Hello,

The quickest way to uninstall apps in Windows 10 is to find the app you want to delete in the start menu app list and then to right click. A pop-up menu should appear with a couple of options. One of the options should be "Uninstall" (Not all apps have the
    option to uninstall due to the fact that they are necessary for windows to run smoothly, but most are uninstall-able). Once "Uninstall" is clicked the app should be uninstalled automatically with no further involvement needed.

When older apps (non universal or metro apps) are uninstalled however a Control Panel window will appear with a list of all installed (non-universal and metro apps) apps and you will need to find the app in the list that you wish to uninstall, select the
    app, right click and select "Uninstall".

Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 25, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Universal apps, build once run anywhere !

rfruth, Mar 25, 2015
  5. What a relief all of this jumping around with naming is really just weird,
    Call it a duck but stick with the feathered mofo *Smile
    The obvious name finally is realized Windows apps brilliant *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 25, 2015
  6. Metro apps ,Modern U.I apps ,and Windows apps now ............ aside from the mail and weather apps I call them t̷a̷r̷d̷ pad and smart phone apps *Cool

blutos cousin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps - Similar Threads - Goodbye Metro Modern

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Saying goodbye to Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Saying goodbye to Windows Hello: A new starter setup a laptop and configured a Windows Hello PIN when prompted. Unfortunately this means they can't map a network drive which they really need to do. This looks to have been an issue for some time....
  4. Goodbye Microsoft hello apple

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Goodbye Microsoft hello apple: I used to love Microsoft but my word I never seen anything this sloppy and disorganized. I mean you think 8 interface was sloppy and hard to find anything ten was far worse and talk about your invasion of privacy down to being almost illegal. Well done Microsoft i applaud...
  5. Windows hello is about to be windows goodbye

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello is about to be windows goodbye: for the last 3 weeks, windows has forced me to set a windows hello pin every time restart EVEN THOUGH I'm already using a microsoft account. I have disabled the windows hello service in the group policy and disabled it in settings (about 10 times) and nothing has worked, and...
  6. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  7. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  8. Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10: I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now. Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything- takes ages to open or do anything that accesses the web. In some cases, Mail takes longer to open than Adobe Premiere Pro...
  9. storage location for modern/metro apps

storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  10. Goodbye, Microsoft Lumia. Hello Surface mobile?

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Microsoft Lumia. Hello Surface mobile?: For years, one of Microsoft's most important mantras was "high volume, low cost." The company grew a lot of its core businesses by undercutting its competitors' prices in order to build a larger customer base. When Microsoft announced its plan to buy Nokia's handset...