Windows 10: Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here?

Discus and support Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here? in Cortana to solve the problem; These goofy icons appeared in the taskbar search pane following today's Windows Update. What up with this nonsense?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ChasWhite, Apr 1, 2022.

1. ChasWhite Win User

Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here?

These goofy icons appeared in the taskbar search pane following today's Windows Update. What up with this nonsense?

:)

ChasWhite, Apr 1, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here? - Similar Threads - Goofy icons appearing

2. Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?

in Cortana
    Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?: For a while, this has been happening on my Windows 10:Some of my app icons have been this. The picture icon in my search. From what I saw, This has happened only for Settings and Paint 3D.So my question is... Why is this happening? And is there a fix to it?If anyone knows the...
  3. Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?: For a while, this has been happening on my Windows 10:Some of my app icons have been this. The picture icon in my search. From what I saw, This has happened only for Settings and Paint 3D.So my question is... Why is this happening? And is there a fix to it?If anyone knows the...
  4. Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here?: These goofy icons appeared in the taskbar search pane following today's Windows Update. What up with this nonsense? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goofy-icons-appearing-on-taskbar-search-pane-why/c9e4d36c-5bf4-4be2-bfa1-c2e70f063e07
  6. Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goofy icons appearing on taskbar search pane - why are they here?: These goofy icons appeared in the taskbar search pane following today's Windows Update. What up with this nonsense? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goofy-icons-appearing-on-taskbar-search-pane-why/c9e4d36c-5bf4-4be2-bfa1-c2e70f063e07
  7. Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?: This happens 50% of the time though. Once I went to desktop straight-away from lower-right corner in taskbar and couldn't find it. Had to run it again to use it. Here's the picture: [img] 148808
  8. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  9. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...