Windows 10: Google Accelerating Android Updates

Discus and support Google Accelerating Android Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Posted by Eddie Hsu (Technical Program Manager), Brent VerWeyst (Product Manager), Amith Dsouza (Technical Account Manager), Iliyan Malchev (Project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google Accelerating Android Updates

Source: Android Developers Blog: Accelerating Android Updates

:)

Brink, Jul 9, 2020

2. Google Android users clubhouse

Android Security Vulnerability

What happened
    We recently learned that a component of Android responsible for generating secure random numbers contains critical weaknesses, that render all Android wallets generated to date vulnerable to theft. Because the problem lies with Android itself, this problem will affect you if you have a wallet generated by any Android app. An incomplete list would be Bitcoin Wallet, blockchain.info wallet, BitcoinSpinner and Mycelium Wallet. Apps where you don't control the private keys at all are not affected. For example, exchange frontends like the Coinbase or Mt Gox apps are not impacted by this issue because the private keys are not generated on your Android phone

What has been done
    Updates have been prepared for the following wallet apps:

• Bitcoin Wallet: Update 3.15 can be installed from Google Play or Google Code. Key rotation will occur automatically soon after you upgrade. The old addresses will be marked as insecure in your address book. You will need to make a fresh backup.
    • BitcoinSpinner: Update 0.8.3b can be installed from Google Play or Google Code. On startup it will advise you on how to proceed.
    • Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet: Update 0.7.0 can be installed from Google Play or mycelium.com. A wizard will guide you through the process of moving your bitcoins to newly generated addresses, and put the old keys into archive mode.
    • blockchain.info: Update 3.54 can be installed from Google Play. Version 3.54 and above includes an automatic re-keying wizard. Simply update to the latest version and follow the onscreen instructions. Please make a fresh wallet backup after the process completes.

What you should do
    In order to re-secure existing wallets, key rotation is necessary. This involves generating a new address with a repaired random number generator and then sending all the money in your wallet back to yourself. If you use an Android wallet then we strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version available in the Play Store as soon as one becomes available. Once your wallet is rotated, you will need to contact anyone who has stored addresses generated by your phone and give them a new one.

If you can't update your Android app, alternatively, you can send your bitcoins to a Bitcoin wallet on your computer until your Android app can be updated. You should make sure not to send back your bitcoins to your old insecure addresses.

Android Security Vulnerability

micropage7, Jul 9, 2020
  3. 3D accelerator

Hi Janine,

The availability of 3D accelerator depends on the graphics card that your system has. If the graphics card supports it, then that option is available. To verify the graphics card you have, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Display adapters category.
    3. Please take note of the graphics card/s you have on the list.

To ensure that your graphics card is up-to-date, I suggest updating its driver. Please check out and follow the steps provided on this link:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Please update this thread on how it goes and kindly include the information regarding the graphics card found in Device Manager.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Google Accelerating Android Updates

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Google Accelerating Android Updates

1. Google Accelerating Android Updates - Similar Threads - Google Accelerating Android

2. Google Play Store in Android mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Play Store in Android mode: I had to reset my computer because I was locked out after a windows update, now when I log into Google Play it sends me to some Play Store that doesn't even acknowledge my laptop as a device and If I go to Apps it only shows my Android Apps. This is reAlly frustrating that I...
  3. Google Play Store in Android mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Play Store in Android mode: I had to reset my computer because I was locked out after a windows update, now when I log into Google Play it sends me to some Play Store that doesn't even acknowledge my laptop as a device and If I go to Apps it only shows my Android Apps. This is reAlly frustrating that I...
  4. Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome: I don't know when it started but for the last several years typing in any text based application in Windows 10 via Google Chrome browser had been a royal pain in the rear end. Even typing this thread has been a struggle. The cursor disappears, the cursors jumps all over God's...
  5. Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome: I don't know when it started but for the last several years typing in any text based application in Windows 10 via Google Chrome browser had been a royal pain in the rear end. Even typing this thread has been a struggle. The cursor disappears, the cursors jumps all over God's...
  6. Google extending Android OS updates on Qualcomm Mobile Platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google extending Android OS updates on Qualcomm Mobile Platforms: [ATTACH] Extending Android updates on Qualcomm’s Mobile Platforms In the past few years, the latest Android OS has been adopted earlier by OEMs and deployed in larger numbers to our users. The growth in adoption has been driven by OEMs delivering faster OS...
  7. Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS: What’s changing We’re launching new features for the Google Drive mobile apps that will help you search more quickly and efficiently. Now, Android and iOS users with the latest versions of the Drive app will be able to: See and re-run recent...
  8. Google updates Android brand logo and color and release names

in Windows 10 News
    Google updates Android brand logo and color and release names: Over the last decade, Android's open platform has created a thriving community of manufacturers and developers that reach a global audience with their devices and apps. This has expanded beyond phones to tablets, cars, watches, TVs and more—with more than 2.5 billion active...
  9. Passwordless FIDO2 verification on Android for Google Accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Passwordless FIDO2 verification on Android for Google Accounts: Passwords, combined with Google's automated protections, help secure billions of users around the world. But, new security technologies are surpassing passwords in terms of both strength and convenience. With this in mind, we are happy to announce that you can verify your...
  10. New transit updates on Google Maps on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    New transit updates on Google Maps on Android and iOS: On days when everything runs smoothly, taking public transit is one of the best ways to get around town. Not only is it cost-effective and efficient, but it also lets you stay hands free so you can sit back, relax and maybe even read a few chapters of your favorite book. But...