Windows 10: Google Account Hacked

Discus and support Google Account Hacked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, me and my wife are facing a serious issue in Google account. About year ago, we accidentally found out when we were checking her Google account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ditendra, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Ditendra Win User

Google Account Hacked

Hello, me and my wife are facing a serious issue in Google account. About year ago, we accidentally found out when we were checking her Google account security that some "Samsung" phone was in the list of her devices. She doesn't have Samsung phone. We of course forced it to sign out and changed her Google password into very strong one. We also enabled all the security measure we could (2 factor authentication, Google prompt, SMS approval and etc). We thought, we finally did out best, but seems like I was wrong. Three days ago, she received email from the Google that said this:

"New sign-in into your linked account. Your google account was just signed in to from a new OnePlus 3T device. You're getting this email to make sure it was you. Check activity."

We checked activity and in devices, we see that there's some OnePlus 3T phone which we don't have. I again, forced it to sign out, changed password again (but previous password was already very strong). I also clicked on "show IP address", and I was very surprised to see our IP address there. I'm not very good in network, so I asked in another forum too and people told me that someone might be penetrating our router and that's how he hacked her account since it showed same IP address as our computers. Now, about routers in my house: We have two routers. One, main is ZTE brand that was provided by my ISP that is source of Internet and we also have another one - TP-Link which is a wireless router and acts as an access point. My computer and TV gets Internet through that router, however my wife's computer and my mother's computer get Internet through the main router. I entered in the panel of TP-Link router. It had default username and password (admin/admin). I changed it into strong username and password and I also upgraded it's firmware and I also changed our WIFI password into strong one. I also talked to my ISP. He told me if attacker attacked our router, he would attack that TP-Link, not that ZTE, however my wife's computer gets Internet from the main one and she is also using Google Chrome profile in my computer too, so she is logged into her Google account in her computer, in my computer and in her phone.

I am thinking how this person could hack her Google account. He didn't change anything, he just logged in, but what is weirdest thing in all this that when her Google account was logged in with those phones, we never got notification in her phone to approve login. When you enable 2 factor authentication and Google prompt in your account and when you try to sign-in in your Google account from the new device, you get notification in your phone and you can approve or reject that login there. She NEVER received such notification in her phone, so this person bypassed this somehow. I have no idea how is this possible. I also don't know for sure from where attacker made this attack, through router or maybe from some application in her phone or computer? But if he would do it from these sources, how he had our IP address?

I don't know what to do. Any advices? The only thing I have in my mind is to buy longer cable and connect her computer to the Internet through my second router (TP-Link), which I secured much better yesterday? I think it's a good idea, yeah? What else I can do? I tried to contact Google support about it, but they don't have support, just some useless articles that don't tell me anything new I don't know.

:)

Ditendra, Sep 29, 2020
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Steam Account Hacked

Again...

I sent a ticket I just hope they resolve it soon cause I really want to play Portal 2.

And I don't want him getting me banned.

But the scary thing is they hacked my Email account too!

I've changed the password but is that enough?

I scanned my Computer using malware and it got rid of 9 Nasty objects! Its been months since I did a scan and now I'm thinking this is how they got me.

Is a password change and malware scan removal enough to secure me? I made the password much harder than before.

Thinking about doing a reformat as well. Suggestions? Should I leave the hacked email account and make a new one?

AphexDreamer, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Google Account Hacked

Account hacked

My email (live.com) account was hacked.

• To whom do I report?
    • Where do I send header information?
    • How do I recover my account?

System details:

• Running Windows 10 on an HP all-in-one computer
    • Office 365

Thanks for your help.

BarbaraLamkin, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Google Account Hacked

1. Google Account Hacked - Similar Threads - Google Account Hacked

2. google account hacked resulted in deactivationrecovered,consequences microsoft account log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google account hacked resulted in deactivationrecovered,consequences microsoft account log...: I'm trying to log-in into my account cause windows ask's it when i go to settings,recap: my google account was hacked and it was compromised ,it was deactivated because the hacker sent a bunch of emails and people reported it for spam,i got my account back but there is...
  3. google account hacked resulted in deactivationrecovered,consequences microsoft account log...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google account hacked resulted in deactivationrecovered,consequences microsoft account log...: I'm trying to log-in into my account cause windows ask's it when i go to settings,recap: my google account was hacked and it was compromised ,it was deactivated because the hacker sent a bunch of emails and people reported it for spam,i got my account back but there is...
  4. google account hacked resulted in deactivationrecovered,consequences microsoft account log...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Account Hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Hacked: My account was hacked, and the email associated with the account was changed. All I can see is that the new email address is mf***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Because I don't know the full email I am unable to use the recovery form to recover the account.Any...
  6. Hacked account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked account: Hi, my account was hacked month ago and I set auto mail reset back from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my previous email but today I find it didn’t work and now it told me yq710… is not existing and previous mail too can you help me please...
  7. Account hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account hacked: My account has been hacked on my pc with threats if I don’t send some money. I’m trying to authenticate my email with the app on my phone but after several attempts both with email and text message, I don’t receive the verification code to process the 2 way authentication. I...
  8. account hacked

account hacked: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** don't live in Ireland and never been. When i search for microsoft help it always gives me info for Ireland. Now i just found out my live in girlfriend is tryna have me killed and has been using microsoft Azure to control my account...
  9. Account hacking

Account hacking: My MS account was hacked after I used the App store and entered my Credit card details. I would have thought that Microsoft would have a secure site! On 15 Sept someone used the details to buy 11 items to the value of ZAR1001.50 each and then closed/blocked my MS account. I...
  10. Find out if your Google account has been hacked

in Windows 10 News
    Find out if your Google account has been hacked: The Gooligan malware attack targeting Android devices has infected more than a million Google accounts and growing by 13,000 new users a day. It affects devices running Android 4 (Jelly Bean, KitKat) and Android 5 (Lollipop), according to Check Point. Gooligan spreads via...