Windows 10: Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app

Discus and support Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm only interested in syncing contacts and calendar. I tried adding my Google account , turned on the sync options. Neither of them would sync. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deorohi28, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app

I'm only interested in syncing contacts and calendar. I tried adding my Google account , turned on the sync options. Neither of them would sync. When I tried adding another Google account then it works. The other one I have does not have gmail set up. I really would like to use it without Gmail.

submitted by /u/Deorohi28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deorohi28, Aug 4, 2020

2. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Aug 4, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Aug 4, 2020
  4. marwerno Win User

Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app

People app not syncing google contacts

I had a very similar issue, in such that only few contacts synced. What I found was, that MS does ONLY sync the contact which are labeled "My contacts" all others in the Google Contacts Manager are ignored!
    Highly annoying that one...but solvable
    Simply go into Google contacts and assign back all the contact you have to the "My contacts" group and all will be well (hopefully *Smile

marwerno, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app

1. Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app - Similar Threads - Google account wont

2. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  3. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  4. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  5. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  6. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  7. still can't sync Google Calendar and Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
    still can't sync Google Calendar and Calendar app: I have added my Gmail account to the Calendar app on my PC, but some events still do not sync. I can't figure out why not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-cant-sync-google-calendar-and-calendar-app/684c7b98-58b9-4cc4-bbdc-7ea7fe3cfbd1
  8. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Ghost account in calendar and people app: I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also...
  9. Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar

Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar: Hello, I use live.com for email, Windows 10 for my laptop, and Android for my smart phone. I have some events saved on my Google Calendar and some events saved on my Windows 10 Calendar app. I'd like the two synced so I followed these directions (How to use Google Calendar...
  10. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...