Windows 10: Google announces .dev, a new top-level domain (TLD)

Discus and support Google announces .dev, a new top-level domain (TLD) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Developers, designers, writers and architects: you built the web. You make it possible for the billions of people online today to do what they do. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google announces .dev, a new top-level domain (TLD)

Source: Introducing .dev domains from Google Registry

:)

Brink, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Google Registry announces new .page top-level domain with SSL

Source: Start a new .page today

Brink, Feb 19, 2019
  3. This site can't be reached. The connection was reset. (Google Chrome)

You are posting in a forum which is for user support of IE. Do you have a problem with IE? Otherwise, it would probably be best to go ask for help in a Google Chrome support site.

BTW the last one you mentioned redirected me here.

https://www.castingcall.club/#/

That's an unusual top-level domain (TLD). You can search with that tip if you are interested.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller  

Hi Bcil, welcome to Ten Forums.

A local domain is as name says local. It should not be named as any existing domain. If you have a site up and running on http://MyExtremelyGoodBusiness.com, you should not use that name for your local domain.

In fact, you should not even use official top level domains in the name of your local domain (.com, .net, .org, .co.uk, .fr and so on). You can use pretty much anything else you want to; I used to use .home on my local domains but as .homes (for real estate agents) was accepted to the list of official top level domains I wanted to change mine as it was in my opinion too close.

Check this list, do not use anything on it: List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia

Thema:

1. Google announces .dev, a new top-level domain (TLD) - Similar Threads - Google announces dev

2. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  3. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  4. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Google announces 6 new Android features

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces 6 new Android features: [ATTACH] With the holidays around the corner, we’re sharing six new Google features for Android—a few more ways your phone gets more helpful over time, even outside of major OS updates. Whether you’re texting holiday greetings to loved...
  6. Top level window is idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Top level window is idle: Hi guys, I work in support for this application but this new report I have seems to be more of a windows issue than it is an issue with our application... We have a process that takes a long time to run, say up to 30 minutes, now, we have thousands of customers using this...
  7. Announcing the Insider Dev Tour 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Insider Dev Tour 2019: [ATTACH] hOvXYJv9BZk Hello Friends! Each year after Microsoft Build, we run a world-wide developer event to bring all the latest Microsoft 365 technology to you, in person. Through the collaboration between the MVP (Most Valuable Professionals) and RD (Regional...
  8. Google Registry announces new .page top-level domain with SSL

in Windows 10 News
    Google Registry announces new .page top-level domain with SSL: Today we’re announcing .page, the newest top-level domain (TLD) from Google Registry. A TLD is the last part of a domain name, like .com in “google.com” or .google in “blog.google” (the site you’re on right now). The .page TLD is a new opportunity for anyone to build an...
  9. Announcing new redesigned Google Account page

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing new redesigned Google Account page: Several years ago, we brought our privacy and security settings together in one place to make it easier for you to choose the options that are right for you. Billions of people have now visited their Google Account and over 20 million people do so every day. Today, we’re...
  10. Announcing New Dev Center Capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing New Dev Center Capabilities: In the Build opening keynote, Satya Nadella and Terry Myerson talked about our ambition to make Windows the home for all developers. In the last year we’ve moved from discussing what would be possible on Windows 10 to celebrating Windows 10 on more than 270 million devices –...