Windows 10: Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps

Discus and support Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The web platform has made substantial progress since the launch of Chrome Apps in 2013. As community members, we continue to work with other browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps

Source: Chromium Blog: Moving Forward from Chrome Apps

:)

Brink, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps - Similar Threads - Google announces timeline

2. MSN out Google Chrome in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN out Google Chrome in: I'm working on Windows 11. Originally set Google chrome as my default browser now MSN opens up first. Went to the steps that I found on the net in set Google is default on several different categories. Now MSN opens up first then a black screen for Google and third Google...
  3. MSN out Google Chrome in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN out Google Chrome in: I'm working on Windows 11. Originally set Google chrome as my default browser now MSN opens up first. Went to the steps that I found on the net in set Google is default on several different categories. Now MSN opens up first then a black screen for Google and third Google...
  4. Is Google Chrome supported

Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  5. Is Google Chrome supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  6. Google announces alpha release of Flutter support for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces alpha release of Flutter support for Windows 10: Our mission is to provide developers with an open source, high-productivity framework for building beautiful, native apps on any platform. So far, we’ve shipped production-quality support for Android and iOS, with eight stable releases and over 100,000 apps...
  7. Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline

in Windows 10 News
    Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline: In January 2020, we announced that we are expanding our phased approach for ending the support of Chrome Apps. That announcement was made due to significant progress of the modern Web and its ability to deliver first class user experiences for users. We continue to invest in...
  8. Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome: In August, we announced a new initiative (known as Privacy Sandbox) to develop a set of open standards to fundamentally enhance privacy on the web. Our goal for this open source initiative is to make the web more private and secure for users, while also supporting publishers....
  9. Google Chrome in Xbox app.

Google Chrome in Xbox app.: Hi. I have Google Chrome installed on my PC. I accidentally set it to recognize as a game. Now, I un-ticked the "remember as game" (or something like that), and I even tried right clicking on it in the Xbox App and hitting, "remove from my games". But that button literally...
  10. Not Thrilled Google is phasing out the green lock icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Thrilled Google is phasing out the green lock icon: https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...385-2018-05-18 Google will release version 68 of Chrome in July this year following which Chrome will mark all sites running on HTTP encryption as "not secure" in the address bar. Also, the HTTP sites accessed in the Incognito mode will...