Windows 10: Google as a browser

Discus and support Google as a browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using Edge as my browser, then switched to Google Chrome as I could not get into two portals without it. I didn't like chrome, and would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HappyCook, Oct 24, 2020.

1. HappyCook Win User

Google as a browser

I was using Edge as my browser, then switched to Google Chrome as I could not get into two portals without it. I didn't like chrome, and would like to get the plain Google for my browser - can it be done?

:)

HappyCook, Oct 24, 2020

2. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

If googles browser is going to be anything like their search engine is getting No Thanks. I can't even use google.com basic setup without getting popup suggestions while I'm typing what I want to search. Google was nice because it was basic, simple, easy, worked.

Darkrealms, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Wshlist Win User
    Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

You can disable the new dropdown suggestion feature of google in google-settings, although those are saved in a cookie so you must allow cookies from google, or do it each visit.
    But I don't like it either, and I blocked google cookies so the settings thing is not practical for me.

@peach1971
    I agree, that underhanded cookie system from flash is nasty, and all those companies are all to happy to keep it under cloak and exploit it too.
    And additionally I noticed on my system that sometimes the settings to not allow flashcookies 'magically' resets :[
    And it probably also resets when you update the flash plugin, no doubt 'by accident'.

Wshlist, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Google as a browser

Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Google as a browser

1. Google as a browser - Similar Threads - Google browser

2. Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update: Google chrome browser is not filling the computer screen after installing Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034848. I tried uninstalling and installing it back but did not work. Thank you in advance for the help....
  3. Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update: Google chrome browser is not filling the computer screen after installing Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034848. I tried uninstalling and installing it back but did not work. Thank you in advance for the help....
  4. Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H': For the last few days, if I try to search in Chrome either in the address bar or on Google home page, doesn't matter IF the search starts with 'H' the whole browser closes. Has anyone seen something like that? I type an h as the second letter, or third, or anywhere else in...
  5. Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H'

Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H': For the last few days, if I try to search in Chrome either in the address bar or on Google home page, doesn't matter IF the search starts with 'H' the whole browser closes. Has anyone seen something like that? I type an h as the second letter, or third, or anywhere else in...
  6. Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?: why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11? I do not want to go through Edge to install, only want to use Chrome. It keep asking me over and over to install no matter what. Space is not the issue on my computer. I do not believe it is being blocked by firewalls....
  8. why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?

why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?: why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11? I do not want to go through Edge to install, only want to use Chrome. It keep asking me over and over to install no matter what. Space is not the issue on my computer. I do not believe it is being blocked by firewalls....
  9. 1. Windows Update Clean up error 2. System and Google Chrome Browser have become slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1. Windows Update Clean up error 2. System and Google Chrome Browser have become slow.: My system runs Windows 11 OS.Could any friends refer to my subject questions and give me the step by step solutions to resolve these long pending issues. As I am not a technical expert, please provide me step by step solutions in simple and understandable terms.Thanks in...
  10. 1. Windows Update Clean up error 2. System and Google Chrome Browser have become slow.

1. Windows Update Clean up error 2. System and Google Chrome Browser have become slow.: My system runs Windows 11 OS.Could any friends refer to my subject questions and give me the step by step solutions to resolve these long pending issues. As I am not a technical expert, please provide me step by step solutions in simple and understandable terms.Thanks in...