Windows 10: Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

Discus and support Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want Google to be my search engine, but Windows keeps changing it to Bing, even though it is my preferred engine. I've even removed all the other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LuluMoore, May 16, 2020.

1. LuluMoore Win User

Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

I want Google to be my search engine, but Windows keeps changing it to Bing, even though it is my preferred engine. I've even removed all the other names on the choice list. How can I fix this?

:)

LuluMoore, May 16, 2020

2. Cortana's Search Engine Preference

Hi Bill,

The default search engine for Cortana cannot be changed because Cortana is powered by Bing upon her release. However, you can easily change the default search engine in Edge by following the steps on this link

Change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, May 16, 2020
  3. Bing search engine

Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff.

My problem is I have FF as my default browser, with Google as my home page, everything was wine till about 72 hours ago. when i typed something into google results came up in google search, but now (and I have made no changes I dont dabble or touch settings because i do not understand them) all my search results are returned in bing instead of google, and I hate it.
    I have tried resetting to default in firefox, Ive have manually removed Bing, from the search engine list that FF uses, it shows on that page that google is default search engine, but everything still comes up in bing. I saw online that cortania can have bing as they are both microsoft, so I found out how to disable cortania and remove what is held on me in the cloud, but no change.

Several suggestions from FF help forum have not stopped bing coming up, so the last thing that was suggested was as follows( I had to ask for simple to follow instructions)
    went off line, then in url bar typed about:config, accepted the liabilty, by hitting the button, then in aboutcnfig search area typed in Bing, three lines came up that had the word Bing, so I right clicked each one then left clicked modify then changed the word bing for google, I then came out of it (as I was told) went back to my home page typed in luggage and a couple of other things, but still it came up in bing, so I went back and did the same process again about:config typed in bing again only this time the three lines did not appear, just a blank white page!!,

I then tried the next suggestion wich was looking at all the script down the left hand side of config was told to look in Browser search orders 1,2, 3, so this i did and what I saw was:
    Browser search order 1 default string Google
    -------"-----------"------------2 default string yahoo
    ---------"----------"-----------3 userset string Google ( this was in bold black letters)
    then i looked in browser search orders
    US.1 Default String data:text/plain browser,search.order.us.1 Yahoo
    US .2 This was the same as above except last word was Google
    US.3 Userset string Google (this was in bold black letters)
    Then I looked and saw: Browser.search.selected engine user set string Google (this was also in bold black letters)

There you have my problem, all i want is rid of blasted bing from my pc, or at least my search results to come up in google. There is one thing I have noticed that before this issue when I searched in google then clicked the back button it rightly so went back to home page, but now what ever i type into google comes up in bing search results, but when you press the back button (top left) it stays on that search result page, and wont budge, so the only way back to googlw home page is by clicking the little house. Can you help me please, if so please keep instruction simple, many thanks.

journeyman4, May 16, 2020
  4. Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

1. Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine. - Similar Threads - Google search engine

2. Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing: [ATTACH]Some users noticed a weird issue in their web browsers. Their default search engine changes automatically to Yahoo or Bing. This issue was mostly reported on Google Chrome. However, if you use another web browser, you may also experience this problem. According to...
  3. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  4. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: I installed Windows 10 and got Bing and Edge with it. Previously I used Duckduckgo and I like it. How can I get my favourite search engine back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-search-engine/2b6778b3-b33e-489c-85fc-9aa573e01636
  5. BING SEARCH ENGINE

BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  6. Changing search engine

Changing search engine: Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing....
  7. change search engine

change search engine: How can I chnage the default search engine from Bing to Google? Remove Bing from my desktop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-engine/61249a04-2884-447b-b800-529c626db8cd
  8. Bing Search Engine

Bing Search Engine: I use Bing daily in Firefox (Edge is too cantankerous for me). Since this morning, when I type something in search, the first results are obscured by the search bar. I can't scroll up any further, but can scroll down to less qualifying results. I've made no changes to my...
  9. Delete Bing search engine and add Google

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Bing search engine and add Google: How do I delete Bing search enging from Microsoft Edge and change to Google. I've already added Google, but how can I delete Bing? 11732
  10. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...