Windows 10: Google begins rolling out Nearby Share to Android 6.0+ phones

Discus and support Google begins rolling out Nearby Share to Android 6.0+ phones in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [media] The Android community has long asked for a way to quickly share content with each other from their devices. So after years of development,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google begins rolling out Nearby Share to Android 6.0+ phones

Source: Instantly share files with people around you with Nearby Share

:)

Brink, Aug 4, 2020

2. Nearby Sharing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern that you are unable to share the PC Bluetooth nearby sharing.
    I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

However we would suggest you to refer the below article and let us know the status of the issue.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Google Assistant Interpreter mode rolling out to Android & iOS phones

Source: Interpreter mode brings real-time translation to your phone

Brink, Aug 4, 2020
  4. perkinw Win User

What's wrong with Nearby Sharing?

Nowhere in the Nearby Sharing instructions does it say that the two PC's need to be "paired" but I paired them anyway. Nearby sharing still times out looking for nearby devices.

To rule out Bluetooth problems, I moved one of the PC's far away, hoping this would force sharing to use WiFi. Same result as before.

perkinw, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Google begins rolling out Nearby Share to Android 6.0+ phones - Similar Threads - Google begins rolling

2. Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device: Hi,Whenever I try to share files from my Android Device to my Windows Pc using Nearby Sharing The pc and the mobile dose not detect each other but when I try to share files through my PC to my Laptop, they both detect each other. I'm on Windows 10 latest version and my...
  3. Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device: Hi,Whenever I try to share files from my Android Device to my Windows Pc using Nearby Sharing The pc and the mobile dose not detect each other but when I try to share files through my PC to my Laptop, they both detect each other. I'm on Windows 10 latest version and my...
  4. Nearby Share between Windows and Android

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby Share between Windows and Android: [ATTACH] Does Nearby Share actually work between PC and Android? submitted by /u/rock4us2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wahvfl/nearby_share_between_windows_and_android/
  5. Android phone stuck at "looking for nearby devices" when attempting to nearby share a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android phone stuck at "looking for nearby devices" when attempting to nearby share a file: I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra with the latest software update. I also have a Dell XPS 8940 PC running Windows 11 most recent beta build. I have Nearby Share turned on on both devices and my phone is attached to Bluetooth. When I go to an app on my phone and try to Nearby Share a...
  6. Android phone stuck at "looking for nearby devices" when attempting to nearby share a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android phone stuck at "looking for nearby devices" when attempting to nearby share a file: I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra with the latest software update. I also have a Dell XPS 8940 PC running Windows 11 most recent beta build. I have Nearby Share turned on on both devices and my phone is attached to Bluetooth. When I go to an app on my phone and try to Nearby Share a...
  7. Google Android 11 rolling out to Pixel devices first

in Windows 10 News
    Google Android 11 rolling out to Pixel devices first: A few times a year, your Pixel receives a boost with software updates that send new features, tricks, and apps to your phone. And this time, with new Pixel-first features on Android 11, your Pixel has even more smarts to make it better and more helpful—like giving...
  8. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  9. Google Assistant Interpreter mode rolling out to Android & iOS phones

in Windows 10 News
    Google Assistant Interpreter mode rolling out to Android & iOS phones: You’ve booked your flights, found the perfect hotel and mapped out all of the must-see local attractions. Only one slight issue—you weren’t able to brush up on a new foreign language in time for your trip. The Google Assistant is here to help. Travelers already turn to the...
  10. Google begins rolling out dynamic email in Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google begins rolling out dynamic email in Gmail: Over the past decade, our web experiences have changed enormously—evolving from static flat content to interactive apps. Yet email has largely stayed the same with static messages that eventually go out of date, or are merely a springboard to accomplish a more complex task....