Windows 10: Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP

Discus and support Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello - I could really use some help with this issue- About 3 days ago, my system started to hiccup. My curser would stick then release as normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noelle Cardello, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP

Hello - I could really use some help with this issue-

About 3 days ago, my system started to hiccup. My curser would stick then release as normal. I removed newly downloaded applications. I ran the task manager in Windows 10. When I reviewed the activity, it said I have over 20 open google sessions running!

I ran CC Cleaner and MalwareBites, and got rid of anything that looked suspicious. I have McAfee Anti-virus, and it did not find anything (I have a 2-year subscription).

I went back to the task manager, and I still have an 'X'-load of sessions of Google running. I know it is impacting my performance.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on steps I can take to correct this issue?

Thanks-

TekDiva

:)

Noelle Cardello, Oct 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 Task Manager Applications Tab Didappeared

While googling on the internet with the Google Chrome browser got an ad that blocked most of the page I had just started browsing. I opened Task Manager to see if I could determine what the offending app was with intention of deleting and could not identify
    it, so closed the browser session. Later when I opened Task Manager the entire Tab column for Applications was missing, so only 7 tabs are now shown.

What I have done so far: 1) Reviewed over 20 pages of topic 'Other Settings' in the Windows 10 problems in the community and finally found a problem regarding the Task Manager that had an answer. 2) In that solution it was suggested to run SFC scan, and
    so I have done that. The returned message was that no integrity violations were found.

Therefore, what should be my next step?

Larry11526, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open the browser (one tab is open) and task manager shows the browser at least nine times, while browsing the
    number increases to as many as 20, which obviously slows down my system quite a bit.

I ran scannow which found corrupted files which it was unable to repair automatically;

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.407]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Would appreciate any help repairing these issues

Eric

b4theflood, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP

1. Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP - Similar Threads - Google Browser tab

2. Task Manager shows "18" behind Google Chrome with only three tab open. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager shows "18" behind Google Chrome with only three tab open. Is this normal?: when I came to the task manager, it said "Google Chrome 18" but I only opened 3 tabs and sometimes one crashed. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-shows-18-behind-google-chrome-with/5b6c9e2e-5687-40f0-b2e7-fdf35f127c59
  3. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  4. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

"Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  5. Task Manager shows "17" behind Google Chrome w/only one tab open. Normal??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager shows "17" behind Google Chrome w/only one tab open. Normal??: When I only have one tab open in Google Chrome, the Task Manager window will show a number in parentheses anywhere from 10 to 17 next to Google Chrome. Is this normal?...
  6. Task Manager shows "17" behind Google Chrome w/only one tab open. Normal??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager shows "17" behind Google Chrome w/only one tab open. Normal??: When I only have one tab open in Google Chrome, the Task Manager window will show a number in parentheses anywhere from 10 to 17 next to Google Chrome. Is this normal?...
  7. Task Manager shows "17" behind Google Chrome w/only one tab open. Normal??

8. Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?

Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?: Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?And the Antimalware Service Executable is taking up pretty much RAM.It's not the browser because it is the same thing with Google Chrome.*** in das englische Forum verschoben ***...
  9. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager: When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open the browser (one tab is open) and task manager shows the browser at least nine times, while browsing the number increases to as...
  10. Appearance of multiple tabs on task manager when only one is open

Appearance of multiple tabs on task manager when only one is open: As stated above, ever since my last windows update, task manager indicates that multiple browsers are open when in actual fact only one is open. Also web browsing seems laggy, akin to when too many tabs have been left open. Also, a large amount of my disk capacity seems to be...