Windows 10: Google Calendar synchronization has stopped syncing - please help me sort it

Discus and support Google Calendar synchronization has stopped syncing - please help me sort it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 google calendars which I set up a long time ago for each of my 2 gmail/google accounts. I used them separately for a long time and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TobyHayes1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Google Calendar synchronization has stopped syncing - please help me sort it

I have 2 google calendars which I set up a long time ago for each of my 2 gmail/google accounts. I used them separately for a long time and then I discovered I could connect them so I could link them and view all appointments & birthday reminders in any of the two calendars. That worked really well until today when I noticed that only one of the calendars was showing all my appointments - the core calendar I linked the other one to. The second one - this was linked to the core calendar - was only showing some old repeat birthday reminders that were probably in the calendar at the time I linked them. There are ticks in all the boxes under my calendar. Apart from checking that I don't know what to do. I had some password authentication problems a few days ago and I wonder if that may have caused the problem. I have logged into each calendar so I'm not on the old login.

How do I get the link back without losing my reminders/events.

:)

TobyHayes1, Mar 28, 2020
  2. faarbruno Win User

Best Google Calendar SYNC !!!

HI can anyone suggest me a Google Calendar sync software or service ??

I would like to synchronize the calendar of my e71 with Google, I use

GCal but i prefer to use the calendar of Nokia an synchronize with Google and the other way round !!

Regards

faarbruno, Mar 28, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. Google Calendar synchronization has stopped syncing - please help me sort it

Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Google Calendar synchronization has stopped syncing - please help me sort it

1. Google Calendar synchronization has stopped syncing - please help me sort it - Similar Threads - Google Calendar synchronization

2. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  3. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  4. Sync Windows with Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Windows with Google Calendar: So I can't link my google calendar cause it's a different email than the one I use for the windows account? And you call that "the way I want it" ? No, it's very much the way you want it. Here's what I want: keep the current email address associated with this windows account...
  5. Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar

Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar: Hi, i noticed that events i put into my windows 10 calendar, which is on my laptop, are no longer syncing with my google calendars which are also on my laptop and more importantly my phone. This means if I only have my phone to look at I'm missing appointments. this sync...
  6. Sync Win10 calendar with Google calendar

Sync Win10 calendar with Google calendar: Years back the following was posted here as the solution and as usual, some admin turned off the post so you can't ask questions: To add your account, follow these steps: Click Start, type Calendar, then press Enter. At the bottom of the left navigation pane, click...
  7. Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.

Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.: For some reason, my calendar stopped syncing with my google calendar. I had received a message to "fix" my Microsoft account. I did that and my calendar is no longer syncing. Mail is working fine. I have the calendar set up with my google account. Any suggestions on what I...
  8. Windows calendar sync with google calendar issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows calendar sync with google calendar issue?: Hi, My issue is that I have to open the calendar program for windows to sync my changes to google calendar. I have enabled email and calendar: to run in the background, notifications, to run on start up, access contacts. If I click on the time panel in the task bar when the...
  9. Calendar synchronization

Calendar synchronization: running windows 10 on desktop and have android phone with google calendar. About a week ago my calendar in outlook and google calendar on android phone quit synchronizing. How to fix Moved from: Outlook.com Calendars and tasks Import, share, or open calendars...
  10. Google Calendar sync issues

Google Calendar sync issues: I'm having persistent problems with Google Calendar - I use it primarily on my android smartphone, but also occasionally need to refer to it on my windows 10 pc. The two devices are hardly ever synced to each other. I somehow managed to sync the two about a month ago, but now...