Windows 10: Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

Discus and support Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Two years ago we launched Google Cast, an extension for Chrome that allowed you to show content from your favorite websites on the best screen in your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Blog: Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

Brink, Aug 29, 2016
  2. Cliff S New Member

I noticed that today when I right clicked a while ago, even though I have no use/devices for it*Sad

Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome [​IMG]

:)

Cliff S, Aug 29, 2016
  3. why cant i project my laptop via wireless to my new tv?

I found a solution by using google chrome browser. Then down load some google cast extensions .beta worked.my

Philips tv uses Android which is a Google system. I reinstalled the tv and paired it with the laptop .the extension put an icon in google chrome browser. I can now cast yo my tv after several hours of research . good luck with it.

StevenFlynn, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

Cast to device not working since upgrading to WIndows 10

I have this problem, my workaround is the following:

SwapChilka, Aug 29, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    It annoys me because its right above translate which I use a lot because of work.

swarfega, Aug 29, 2016
  6. idrmrsr Win User
    I have a Roku Stick on my TV ($40). My little Dell Venue tablet will connect to that device as a remote projector and anything on my Windows 10 desktop (and sound) broadcast over to it faultlessly. I am not bound to a specific browser, either. Prefer this device (gave my Chromecast away).

idrmrsr, Aug 29, 2016
  7. text deleted by poster

electronuser, Aug 30, 2016
  8. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

I have my second Roku on this Sony Android TV from 2013 the old one was to slow by then , 2 years before I bought this TV in here ,it's very plausible and plays a real good picture and 5.1 , the UI and stability are very good TBH it's real smart money *really

I reccomend Roku products without hesitation they work as intended usually 24/7 with maybe an occasional re boot just like my expensive 4K Sony XBR HDR Anrdoid TV and any Windows computer and I have 4 windows 10 computers and I've been using Windows 10 since Q4 2014.

Nothing wrong with a Roku and some of channels you cant get anywhere else or only on the web are way cool it's a real bargain for what it does and a no brainier if you need an inexpensive terrific TV extender outside of a game console, APTV or Nvidia Shield or just want 1,000 or more channels .

EDIT #2

I believe they have a Google Cast Roku Channel now anyway because G.C. sees my Roku 2 and my Sony XBR Andoid TV with embedded G.C.*Cool

. While GC wont replace wired or networked connection to a PC desktop , an IPTV extender like a Roku or APTV or a Smart TV etc. after learning how to use G.C. correctly I've concluded Google cast is like a decent exclusive , to Google Chrome better Miracast *really

9. cereberus Win User
    I see the full screen casting is no longer experimental and the selection is more one obvious now instead of an obscure pull down menu.

cereberus, Aug 30, 2016
  10. Thanks, I have to edit my post I found it just like you said *Cool

11. meebers Win User
    While browsing for a new TV, noticed that late models has it built in also.

meebers, Aug 30, 2016
  12. EDIT My 4K Sony XBR TV has Google Cast embedded in it .

After testing Google cast again today (and using it correctly this time ☻)
    I successfully Google cast a Netlix movie , a few web pages and you tube videos from this PC to the Sony XBR Andoid TV in here , it seems to work well at screen mirroring Chrome as intended and is simple to operate .

TBH I wasn't working Google Cast as well as I should have at all yesterday despite that it is rock stupid simple to work and that gave me an unwarranted unfavorable impression of it I am retracting here .

Google Cast is convenient for quickly mirroring a Chrome web page or video to a TV or another display it just wont replace an IPTV - TV extender or a wired or networked extended or second PC desktop but if you want to put up a webpage or browsing content or netlix or something from a chrome web-browser and mirror that Chrome browser window or tab to another HDMI display or TV then presumably it works as well with the HDMI Chrome stick /dongle like it does with the Andoid TV built in Google cast here . *chuckle

The only caveat I've seen so far is occasionally it gets a black loading or blank black screen to the TV /display you are trying to cast to and wont display anything beyond that but casting another video or web page instead instead almost instantly seems to get around all that .

G.C.is easy to operate and convenient with a Sony Andoid TV in regard that if you are watching a program
    from a set top D*TV room client or DVR on HDMI 1 or or any other input/ source when you cast your Chrome Browser page to the TV it instantly switches to the Chrome cast app in the TV with no intervention and resumes whatever input you were on or default input when you close Google cast thats real fast and convenient IMO and not only that you can multi tab or multi task in windows normally on your PC apart from whatever chrome web page you are casting to another display with a WI FI PC and quickly cast another web page browser tab/window instead if you want and close the prior mirroring page in GC without closing the web page on your PC

Google cast screen mirrors Chrome well when its all behaving noting here that the Andoid TV OS apart from Google Cast is occasionally unstable switching embedded apps ,inputs or external inputs apart from anthing Google cast may be doing but that instability behavior was not present each time I used GC and doesn't account fot the black screens I got with GC a few times . .

Only other caveat is Netflix will only go to 720p In Chrome or Firefox if you are using a web browser other than Edge on win 10 or IE 11 x64 on windows 8.1 to watch Netflix and that is probably true for any content like VUDU HDX subject HDCP DRM at 1080p and up, it's not a Neflix choice .

I've changed my opinion and think and while it doesn't replace and IPTV extender or smart TV ,G.C .is quite plausible as a PC /Mobile Chrome browser to TV/Display extender and may get one or two GC HDMI devices for some of the TV's here not connected to a fixed PC and definitely to use one with the HP Elite book in the day room out back in anther structure without a D*TV . Minie Genie room client so we can watch D*TV in Chrome out there or other stuff in Chrome without a data cable from the HP Elitebook PC.

The long and short of it is .....Google cast is like an exclusive to Google Chrome better Miracast *really

13. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

I noticed today, and is quite good for those who just want to share their screen without having to install the extension for it.

I prefer Microsoft's Miracast adapter myself as it's built into Windows 10 but Cast works with any computer that has chrome which is great *Wink.

ellellell1, Aug 30, 2016
  14. PJLLB Win User
    Can someone please explain to me how this "great advance" in Chrome is better than being able to cast Edge to my Samsung SmartTV without the need for installing a browser that I don't want to use and not needing to buy and install a Chromecast device? The Cast Media Device to Device is native to Edge and my SmartTV without doing anything but right clicking and connecting.

I'm just trying to understand the point of this.

PJLLB, Aug 30, 2016
  15. cereberus Win User
    There is a big fundamental difference between miracasting and chromecasting.

Miracasting basically only transmits what is on device to tv, and device needs to be on all the time, and for long shows, device needs to be charged etc.

Chromecasting can do that but that is not its main function. With chromecasting, you send the web url to the dongle which then takes over and connects to website via router. You can then even turn off phone/tablet, put in standby, use it for other things eg phone calls. You can use the phone/tablet as a remote control device as well.

Basically chromecasting uses a lot less device resources, and does not tie up device usage.

Only slight downside with chromecast is that you have to have internet access to use it.

cereberus, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

1. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome - Similar Threads - Google Cast built

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  4. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome: Recently my computer began rebooting everytime I open Google Chrome. I did a reset, and a fresh install of windows. Newest version of Chrome installed and uninstalled several times. Now I can use Chrome a bit on static pages of info, but as soon as I open something like...
  5. How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome: If you often mirror your web browser on an external display, you can show Google Cast toolbar icon in Google Chrome to get things done faster. It is possible to show or hide the Google Cast toolbar icon using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Google Cast...
  6. Can not cast to my Chrome Cast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not cast to my Chrome Cast: I've recently gotten an issue where when I try to cast to my CC its doesn't detect the device, it says "No devices found". I tired contacting Google, they told me to contact the manufacturer, I contacted Asus they told me to contact Microsoft, now I'm here.. Some things i've...
  7. Google Chrome is now usless to me.

Google Chrome is now usless to me.: What did Microsoft do? And when will it be fixed! I can open Chrome to my home page, but when I click a saved sight or type one in, I get a timed out message. But when I use Edge it works fine. (and no I don't want to use Edge)...
  8. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  9. google chrome

google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675