Windows 10: Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Discus and support Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many of you store your photos and videos on both Google Drive and Google Photos, which keeps them safe and easy to access. We’ve heard feedback that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Source: Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2019

2. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 12, 2019
  3. JPH MC Win User
    Google Photos

Google Photos is now working with my Windows 10. Thanks for your help. Can you help me with another item. In consolidating photo files, some photos now carry today's date. I need to change those dates back to the original. I can do it in Google Photos
    but not Windows Photos (which I need to do, since Google is backup for Windows Photos, not the reverse). I've used File Explorer to access photos in my laptop files & then tried to make changes -- but clicking on dates doesn't open any. This is apparently
    the suggested method after exploring suggestions in the community -- but doesn't work for me. can you help?? thanks

JPH MC, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders.

However, I want to be able to work with these files in the file explorer as well. Specifically, I want them in my Pictures library, but they are not there even though I've tried to add the Google Photos folder to my Pictures library.

In File Explorer, I open Google Drive, right-click on Google Photos, and select "Include in Library...Pictures". A pop-up says:

Code:
    Google Photos is already included in the library.
    In the Pictures library, I can try to search for a filename from Google Photos, and it is not there.

How do I view my Google Photos folder in the Pictures library?

jdmuratore, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

1. Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together - Similar Threads - Google changing Google

2. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  3. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  4. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Drive: Is there any way to download the the comments and pictures from Google Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive/a40b871e-421e-4623-8fa9-d19e1352ed07
  5. Working with Google Drive

Working with Google Drive: After the last windows update, I cannot open files directly from my Desktop Google Drive. Instead, MS Windows opens an appropriate app as MS Office or Adobe PDF reader and then warns:If I copy the same file to a local folder Documents on C, for example - then no problem, the...
  6. Google photos

Google photos: Not sure if this can be done but I'll try. My son was in a wedding yesterday and he sent 20 pictures to my phone, I have an android, can these pictures be somehow put into google photos? I have windows 10, version 10.0.19041 Build. 180318
  7. Google Photo

Google Photo: Why are the recent photos I took with my android, not passing over to my google photo on PC. Up until this morning it was not a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photo/4b683b18-c259-45ec-9b02-3e618684695b
  8. google photo

google photo: could not see photo by Google Photo after downloaded by MS Store. will you tell me how to get them to see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photo/288fcbf7-d3a9-4f98-9c35-73ec3fc65543
  9. google photos

google photos: Im trying to make a new folder for all my pictures that are saved in google photos and cannot figure it out! can someone help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photos/17693e6c-4795-4286-accf-8a611c46d8b9
  10. Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!

Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!: Help! No matter what browser I try my laptop will not open any google websites when connected to the wifi. This even happens when I use Incognito mode. My family connect to the same wifi/router and don't seem to have this issue. There was an update my laptop decided to go...