Windows 10: Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Discus and support Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many of you store your photos and videos on both Google Drive and Google Photos, which keeps them safe and easy to access. We’ve heard feedback that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Source: Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2019

2. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 12, 2019
  3. JPH MC Win User
    Google Photos

Google Photos is now working with my Windows 10. Thanks for your help. Can you help me with another item. In consolidating photo files, some photos now carry today's date. I need to change those dates back to the original. I can do it in Google Photos
    but not Windows Photos (which I need to do, since Google is backup for Windows Photos, not the reverse). I've used File Explorer to access photos in my laptop files & then tried to make changes -- but clicking on dates doesn't open any. This is apparently
    the suggested method after exploring suggestions in the community -- but doesn't work for me. can you help?? thanks

JPH MC, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders.

However, I want to be able to work with these files in the file explorer as well. Specifically, I want them in my Pictures library, but they are not there even though I've tried to add the Google Photos folder to my Pictures library.

In File Explorer, I open Google Drive, right-click on Google Photos, and select "Include in Library...Pictures". A pop-up says:

Code:
    Google Photos is already included in the library.
    In the Pictures library, I can try to search for a filename from Google Photos, and it is not there.

How do I view my Google Photos folder in the Pictures library?

jdmuratore, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

1. Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together - Similar Threads - Google changing Google

2. Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!: Help! No matter what browser I try my laptop will not open any google websites when connected to the wifi. This even happens when I use Incognito mode. My family connect to the same wifi/router and don't seem to have this issue. There was an update my laptop decided to go...
  3. Google drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Google drive: I have decided to use google drive instead of the Microsoft system This what I have done so far. Got the google drive up and running. Open the drive then have drag and drop some documents into the drive just for a test run. My question is how can I setup the drive to auto...
  4. Google One Drive

Google One Drive: My Google One Drive is full at 15GB. It tells me I cannot send or receive email because it is full. How do I move all data from Google One Drive to an external drive? How do I stop Google One Drive from syncing with anything from and to my laptop....
  5. Google drive maintanence

Google drive maintanence: I was just notified by Google Drive that I was using 14.9gb of my allocated 15gb if space. How did that happen?? Turns out my "Documents" folder was mysteriously set to sync. I would have never knowingly made that selection. It never showed on my local google drive folder,...
  6. Google Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Photos app: So I had the Google Photos app installed in my computer and I loved when I discovered that it was available in the store, recently I formatted my PC and while reinstalling all my apps I noticed that it's no longer there. What happened?...
  7. Google

Google: After update window 10 today. Google Chrome will not connect to any website. Have turned off the secure/non secure but still not working. Microsoft edge works. Have reset Chrome and still no result Any hel[ is appreciated TIA...
  8. Sign in Google Drive

Sign in Google Drive: I signed in successfully in Windows 7, but 10 somehow evades me & goes to my browser Firefox. I don't know what to do. 23672
  9. Google Drive error

Google Drive error: installed google drive on my laptop and pc and get the same error [img] 16048
  10. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Drive: I want to buy email tech support for google drive. Does anyone know how much it costs and where I go to upgrade. I am new to all this. thanks. [img] 49047