Windows 10: Google charting a course towards a more privacy-first web

Discus and support Google charting a course towards a more privacy-first web in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It’s difficult to conceive of the internet we know today — with information on every topic, in every language, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Google charting a course towards a more privacy-first web

Source: Google charts a course towards a more privacy-first web

:)

Brink, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Charts not rendering image in IE11 but fine in other browsers

To find out if this is caused by some browser settings that have been changed, we suggest resetting Internet Explorer. This will disable add-ons and toolbars and restore default web browser settings, privacy settings, security settings, advanced options,
    tabbed browsing settings, and pop-up settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Close Internet Explorer.
    • Click Start.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
    • Under the Advanced tab, click Reset.
    • Click Reset one more time.
    • Click Close.
    • Restart your computer.

If the webpage stays the same and still doesn't display the charts, we recommend contacting the webpage developer so that they can optimize the page to be fully compatible with IE 11.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other concerns regarding Internet Explorer 11.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Google Mobile app result - Web: No Gateway Reply

Using Google Mobile (search) app v2.03 (14) [788], on Symbian system s60v3.2 on Nokia n79.

Perform search and click on an item in the list of results. Very often the Web browser will start up and instead of displaying referenced page, a warning will pop up-

Web: No Gateway Reply!

If I return to the list of results, and click on the Google cached version of the link, the Web browser WILL display the page properly.

If I then Click on Google's reference to the "current page" in the outer frame of the cached page, it also will then properly display the current page.

This leads me to believe that there is something about the links on the initial Google page of results that the Symbian Web browser cannot deal with.

Any thoughts, suggestions welcomed!

kurtkaufman---01, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Google charting a course towards a more privacy-first web

WOT (Web Of Trust) replacement

Good news. Bad news.

• Good news: WOT may not be going out of business. Or, at least, for the reasons you think.
    • Bad news: Firefox and Chrome removed the extension form their store after a German newspaper reported that WOT was selling the browsing history of its users without even bothering to anonymize the data!

Yikes!!
    - Web of Trust (WOT) Add-on taken down by Chrome & Firefox
    - Mozilla and Google remove WOT extension from Store

ComputerGeek, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Google charting a course towards a more privacy-first web

1. Google charting a course towards a more privacy-first web - Similar Threads - Google charting course

2. Create Google account privacy policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Google account privacy policy: 6grtujfkrui6gjz4eru6rsfigueut6rw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-google-account-privacy-policy/f1700a33-0015-4ce4-b070-2fd369f2d1a4
  3. Why web development course is important?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why web development course is important?: Web development is one of the most attractive fields in the tech industry. And being a developer is one of the coolest and most beneficial jobs in 2022....
  4. Why web development course is important?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why web development course is important?: Web development is one of the most attractive fields in the tech industry. And being a developer is one of the coolest and most beneficial jobs in 2022....
  5. google privacy error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google privacy error: this problem started today and when i try to search up anything i get privacy error NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID with everything i try to search up but when i type in the search bar for example: youtube.com. it works. i tired everything online and it didn't work...
  6. Organizational Charts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organizational Charts: How can I use the information from the "Organization" tab in MS Outlook to create an org chart. Is there a way to export that information into Excel and make an org chart? https://images.app.goo.gl/nB5MS9bHEFG1Myqr6 submitted by /u/pidgey2020 [link] [comments]...
  7. More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome: Keeping you safe and secure online is part of Chrome’s DNA. Along with providing strong default protections, we aim to give you accessible, intuitive, and useful controls so you can make choices that are right for you. So, today we’ve started rolling...
  8. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  9. Google Duo for the Web

in Browsers and Email
    Google Duo for the Web: Google Duo now available for the Web... https://duo.google.com/about/ 128790
  10. Google: Here’s to more HTTPS on the web!

in Windows 10 News
    Google: Here’s to more HTTPS on the web!: Security has always been critical to the web, but challenges involved in site migration have inhibited HTTPS adoption for several years. In the interest of a safer web for all, at Google we’ve worked alongside many others across the online ecosystem to better understand and...