Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

Discus and support Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could finally introduce dark mode on Windows.

Chrome 74 beta update is now rolling out and it brings dark mode support to Windows without any hacks. Chrome 74 beta also respects the OS-level Windows 10 theme settings. That means the browser will switch to dark mode automatically when the user enables system-wide dark mode on Windows 10 via the Settings app.

Similarly, the browser will switch itself to its original light theme style when you use the light mode in the operating system.

Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10 Chrome-74-dark-mode.gif

It’s worth noting that dark mode in Chrome has been finalized and Google has also addressed the glitches where the black texts appeared on a dark background.

The update will bring dark mode to the new tab page, settings, downloads, history, extensions, context menu and other parts of the browser.

Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10 Chrome-dark-menu.jpg

Other improvements

In addition, Chrome 74 will also come with a new feature to help users who experience motion sickness when using Chrome because of parallax scrolling, zooming effects, etc on web pages. To help users with motion sickness, Chrome will respect the OS-level preferences for settings such as ‘Disable animations’.

It means if you disable decorative animations or transitions in the operation system, Chrome will respect the system settings and it will also turn off all such animations and effects to address user’s motion sickness concerns.

It could also help those users who prefer a browser with fewer animations and faster browsing experience.

Chrome 74 will also come with new settings to help users prevent downloads in sandboxed iframes which do not have a user gesture. It basically addresses security concerns and also improves user experience by allowing the browser to trigger a download on the same webpage page.

All these changes are already live in Chrome 74 beta candidates. The stable version of Chrome 74 is projected to land on April 23, 2019.

The post Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

1. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Google Chrome bring

2. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  3. Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome: Hey all, so I tried out the new Dark Mode in Windows 10, didn't like it much. When I tried to switch back to light mode, everything else goes back to normal except for Google Chrome. Certain websites aren't going to light mode and really messing up the content display on the...
  4. Chrome is stuck on dark mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is stuck on dark mode: I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on...
  5. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  6. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  7. Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10: Google today began rolling out a new update for Chrome that advances the browser to version 74 and finally adds dark mode support on Windows 10, but there’s a catch. As per a Google employee, the company is actually rolling out this new dark mode for Windows 10 in stages and...
  8. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  9. Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches: Google is actively working on dark mode implementation in Chrome for Windows 10 and other platforms. Windows 10 and macOS has a system-wide dark theme which if enabled brings dark appearance to all compatible apps. Google’s next update to Chrome will make it compatible with...
  10. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10: The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave. The dark themed Google Chrome offers a comfortable browsing experience and it looks like the browser will finally work with...