Windows 10: Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do?

Discus and support Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent Google Chrome release (77.0.3865.75), NETGEAR was made aware of an issue where access to NETGEAR admin login pages is being blocked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epiccf4, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Epiccf4 Win User

Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do?

After a recent Google Chrome release (77.0.3865.75), NETGEAR was made aware of an issue where access to NETGEAR admin login pages is being blocked on NETGEAR products. An HTTP authentication option called Committed Interstitials appears to be the cause of this issue.

If you are using Google Chrome web browser version 77.0.3865.75, you have two options to resolve this issue.

1. Use an alternate web browser such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox.

2. If you want to continue using Google Chrome, use the following workaround

a. Open Chrome and visit chrome://flags/#http-auth-committed-interstitials.

b. From the drop-down menu next to Enable Committed Interstitials for HTTP Auth, select Disabled.

c. At the bottom-right corner of your screen, click Relaunch Now.

You can now access the login page of your Netgear device in Google Chrome.

This happened to me with Chrome in windows 10, could not log in, nightmare! I discovered that i was able to log in with Edge.

The fix for Chrome above, "chrome://flags/#http-auth-committed-interstitials" worked.

Here is a NETGEAR Support link i found. https://kb.netgear.com/000061261/Go...ng-access-to-NETGEAR-login-pages-what-do-I-do

Hope this helps anyone else who my run into this problem.

:)

Epiccf4, Sep 17, 2019

2. Why Netgear Router Login Page not Working?

Can anyone please suggest that why is my Netgear Router Login Page routerlogin.net not working? I tried to access this webpage with the default IP address 192.168.0.1
    and 192.168.1.1 but i am unable to access the login page of Netgear Router. Please help.

MellisaJohnson, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Access to Google Chrome Denied (Bitdefender)

I received messages from Bitdefender before Google Chrome crashed. Bitdefender has not answered my request as to how to unblock Google Chrome. Here is the message when I try to access Google Chrome: Your Internet access is blocked
    Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking firewall and antivirus configurations
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

* Moved from Virus & Malware

RosemarieQuintal, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do?

Google Chrome access

I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested
    steps. Nothing. I can't open it, find it, install it, reinstall it. Any advice?

NancyRobinson4, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do?

1. Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do? - Similar Threads - Google Chrome blocking

2. Google Chrome is blocked because of Family Safety and there's nothing I can do.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome is blocked because of Family Safety and there's nothing I can do.: I made a "Family" a long time ago by linking two of my accounts , this was necessary at the time because of an Xbox issue I was facing. Today, I logged in with the child account and was blocked from using Google Chrome. So I went to my parent account, unblocked Chrome,...
  3. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  4. Google Chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  5. google chrome was blocked by my system administrator what i have to do?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome was blocked by my system administrator what i have to do?: i was trying to upload google chrome and i couldn't because was blocked by my system administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-was-blocked-by-my-system/dedbfcf0-bfe3-4bba-b78d-04b094f207be
  6. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  7. Problem accessing Netgear router login page from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem accessing Netgear router login page from Windows 10: My home router is an admittedly ancient (but still works) Netgear WGR614v9. On rare occasions typically when someone in the family has a new device to which I need to give access, I'll go to routerlogin.com which is the web page Netgear has to administer the router. I don't...
  8. How do I create a blocked sender list in Windows 10? Specifically in Google Chrome?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a blocked sender list in Windows 10? Specifically in Google Chrome?: Where is the blocked sender list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-blocked-sender-list-in-windows/7870d5c8-4253-49b2-af67-1dd7deae02fd"
  9. Google introduces Chrome OS 77 for Chromebook

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces Chrome OS 77 for Chromebook: Hello Chromebook Community, You should soon see an update on your device for Chrome OS 77! As part of this new release, here’s a list of new features and changes you’ll notice when you update to this new version of Chrome. Manage your Media Have you ever struggled to...
  10. Windows 10 will not login? What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not login? What do I do?: I've tried recovery mode, safe mode, going back to previous version, and it will not do any of it. If I select any option the screen goes black and it reboots automatically. If I am able to log in, it will shut down and reboot after 1 to 2 minutes. This computer will not let...