Windows 10: Google Chrome access

Discus and support Google Chrome access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NancyRobinson4, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Google Chrome access

I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested steps. Nothing. I can't open it, find it, install it, reinstall it. Any advice?

:)

NancyRobinson4, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome access

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome access

1. Google Chrome access - Similar Threads - Google Chrome access

2. Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates destroying access to Google Chrome.: Why are Windows Updates destroying my access to Google Chrome. Now Google Chrome won't even download. Do I have to go Apple? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-destroying-access-to-google-chrome/90e99fd7-7887-4292-a935-85e9d1e58efa
  3. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  4. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  5. Child access to Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child access to Google Chrome: Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more time. I am not seeing an option for unlimited time other than the one that is currently checked. I am only seeing limited...
  6. microsft family access and google chrome

microsft family access and google chrome: can i turn off microsoft family access? i removed family members but it still wont let google chrome launch, its asking for permission from adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-family-access-and-google-chrome/6c620a99-a0bb-4754-ad47-9c275a08cd13
  7. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...
  8. Downloading Turbotax and losing access to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading Turbotax and losing access to Google Chrome: I inserted a cd to Download TurboTax. The first attempt, the cd started and then stopped. I removed the cd and then tried again and was able to get the program loaded. I set up the beginning information to make sure TurboTax worked correctly. However, my icon on the...
  9. Lost access to everything but google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to everything but google chrome: I'm using a SuperSonic tablet running windows 10 that my college gave me but now I cant run anything but Google Chrome. I try to open settings but nothing happens, I try to open Control Panel but it tells me I lack the permissions to access, file manager does the same thing...
  10. Using Google Chrome cannot access www.google.com

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome cannot access www.google.com: Hi all, I do not know what the problem is, but due to hardware limitations, the only browser that runs smoothly on my laptop is Google Chrome. I do have Firefox installed but it runs choppy at best, but google will load on it. I cannot figure this out, but Google will...