Windows 10: google chrome and opera not working after update

Discus and support google chrome and opera not working after update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; if you turn off cryptographic services they will run until restart then you have to turn it off again to use these browsers 128250 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hld, Mar 3, 2019.

1. HLD
    hld Win User

google chrome and opera not working after update

if you turn off cryptographic services they will run until restart then you have to turn it off again to use these browsers

:)

2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Hello! Does not seem to be fixed in any way.
    PROBLEM: On Windows 7, with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in IE11.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

On Windows 8.1, a slightly different thing happens:
    PROBLEM: On Windows 8.1, with both Opera and Google Chrome installed and with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in Opera.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

Please fix this in 0.8.2! *Smile google chrome and opera not working after update :)

Naki, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. google chrome and opera not working after update - Similar Threads - google chrome opera

2. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  3. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  4. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. GOOGLE CHROME DISAPPEARD AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GOOGLE CHROME DISAPPEARD AFTER UPDATE: Microsoft did an update on 3/17/2021, after it was completed all my Google Chrome was GONE, email, favorites, apps, start menu. I had to reinstall Microsoft 365, I still have programs missing. I had to rebuild my start menu. Very, Very angry over this, WTH!!!!!! Cindy Shaw...
  6. Google chrome not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome not working: I bought a brand new windows laptop yesterday, because i need it to take an exam. Bing works fine and quickly, but i needed to download google chrome specifically for the exam. When it downloaded it was extremely slow sometimes it didn’t even load at all and eventually I...
  7. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  8. Google Chrome is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome is not working: Google Chrome has crashed on my PC. I just see ‘Aw, snap!’ Something went wrong while displaying this website.’ Error code. STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-working/3e93800e-4005-4ad7-bfe8-ae8f7474ec9a
  9. google chrome are freezing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome are freezing after update: hello guys i have a problem with mi google chrome the app every time it freeze i try uninstall and reinstall it but the issue persist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/google-chrome-are-freezing-after-update/d60f9d0d-ba4e-4eab-9046-377c41916152
  10. Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070

in Browsers and Email
    Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070: the latest updates I have installed, all except for "• 2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025376)" which gave me the error: 0x800700c1 when I tried to install it again. Anyways, after these updates I went on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google not working in chrome and opea

2. google not working on opera

3. chrome and opera not working

4. opera and chrome not working