Windows 10: Google Chrome and Steam won't go online

Discus and support Google Chrome and Steam won't go online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there. Last night, I installed Windows 10 to my previously Windows 8.1 laptop. However, I have a problem: Google Chrome and Steam cannot go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wrath, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Wrath Win User

Google Chrome and Steam won't go online

Hello there. Last night, I installed Windows 10 to my previously Windows 8.1 laptop.

However, I have a problem: Google Chrome and Steam cannot go into online mode.

Google Chrome gives me this message whenever I try to visit a webpage:
    This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

And Steam simply won't let me go into online mode. However, Skype and Microsoft Edge work fine, as does Minecraft. I know this is not a problem with my actual router as everything was perfectly fine before I installed Windows 10. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks much! -

:)

Wrath, Jul 30, 2015

2. Chrome and Steam can't go online?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please do the following.

• Right click the Start button and go to "Command Prompt (Admin)".
    • Type (or copy/paste) ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
    • Reboot and then try and connect to the Internet.
    If it still doesn't work, open another "Command Prompt (Admin)" and then copy/paste the following command and hit Enter:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Reboot again and then try.

If the issue still persists, kindly contact Google Chrome/Steam support for further assistance.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Chrome and Steam can't go online?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10

We are researching on the issue; will update the post soon

Rohit Chettri, Jul 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

If you did a upgrade, not a clean install. Yes there will be some issues that have to be resolved.

bro67, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Wrath Win User
    What exactly do you mean by a clean install? How long would it probably be before it's fixed?

Wrath, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Wrath Win User
    Anyone able to help me?

Wrath, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome and Steam won't go online - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Steam

2. Google Chrome Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Won't Open: So, recently every time I try to open Google Chrome, my computer just thinks for a sec, and then stops. at the end, Chrome doesn't open. the only way I have managed to open Chrome is by opening the hidden icon menu in Windows 10 and then clicking the mini Chrome icon and then...
  3. Google Chrome won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't open.: Can someone help me please? My Dad setup Microsoft family features on my Dell Laptop and when I try to open Google Chrome on the non-administrator account it says you can't open it because of Microsoft Family Features but on the administrator account, I can open it. Also, I...
  4. Google Chrome won't start

Google Chrome won't start: So I'm on a brand new windows 10 PC and have tried to install google chrome however it won't open sometimes does the tab thing trying to open but only for a fraction of a second and a black screen. I have tried all the recommended things on the internet restart, uninstall,...
  5. Google Chrome won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome won't open.: My Google Chrome file & shortcut won't open, and my Antivirus can't delete the files that I think are causing this. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open/a9076741-2043-4e2d-9a87-d017ae2b5d57
  6. Google Chrome Won't Work

Google Chrome Won't Work: All of a sudden in January of this year, Chrome would no longer load on my laptop. Since then no matter what I do, I cannot get it to load, and I always get the same error message: Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome...
  7. Google Chrome Won't open properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Won't open properly: I was programming when I needed to leave my laptop for a while. When I came back, Google Chrome won't open. I tried reinstalling, restarting and it still won't work. Can somebody please help me???...
  8. Google Chrome suddenly won't work

Google Chrome suddenly won't work: I'm having an issue with my network security. I am getting an error with every website I try to access using Google Chrome. My website is a Showit site, and I can only update it with Google Chrome. Here is the error: Details about the network security diagnosis. Settings...
  9. Google Calendar won't load in Chrome

Google Calendar won't load in Chrome: Hello. Google Calendar won't load in Chrome on either of my PCs, not even in incognito mode. I just get the message "Loading...". However it will load in Edge. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? 111713
  10. Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update

Steam unable to go online AFTER March 2nd Windows Update: Hi all, Firstly, after the automatic Windows update on March 2nd and March 4th, both Steam and League of Legends suddenly lost the capabilities to go online. I spent over 8 hours trying to solve this problem, including restarting all possible hardware, disabling /...