Windows 10: Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

Discus and support Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kodez123, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Kodez123 Win User

Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore.

:)

Kodez123, Dec 31, 2019

2. Ask For Permission On Google Chrome???

Yesterday, I tried to start up google chrome when it gave me the message:

Ask for permission
    You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome

So I checked my family settings and I'm an adult in the family. When I click 'ask by email' nothing shows up in my inbox, and II still can't use google chrome. Any suggestions?

Joe Goalby, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive error while asking permission from adult for accessing Google Chrome. I would like to know the exact error message/code you receive.

However, since you have mentioned that you are using a child account, the work around would be to converting the child account to a local user account and try using Chrome. Kindly follow the steps to convert the child account to local account.

1. Go to Settings > Account >
      Your info.
    2. Now click on Sign in to a
      local account instead.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are an adult and still using a child account refer the article
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    for more information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Danu054 Win User

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child
    account, plz fix it because google chrome is better than explorer 20000 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Original title: Google Chrome familiy***

Danu054, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval - Similar Threads - Google Chrome asking

2. Google Chrome will not update and Google Chrome Help suggested I ask here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome will not update and Google Chrome Help suggested I ask here.: I have tried every solution that I can possibly find but I have not been able to update Chrome for a couple of years now and now other apps have become incompatible with the version that I have."An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start error...
  3. Google Chrome will not update and Google Chrome Help suggested I ask here.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not update and Google Chrome Help suggested I ask here.: I have tried every solution that I can possibly find but I have not been able to update Chrome for a couple of years now and now other apps have become incompatible with the version that I have."An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start error...
  4. Parent approval for Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent approval for Chrome: Hi Microsoft Support,You need to immediately eliminate the "parent approval" for Google Chrome. This feature is clearly designed to prevent people from using Chrome. I do not see any reason why Microsoft Edge is always approved for children, but Chrome is not. The maximum...
  5. google chrome is asking for permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    google chrome is asking for permission: Hi, I am not able to open my google chrome browser it keeps asking for permission from adult, since I am the parent how should I unrestricted it. Thanks...
  6. Approving Google Chrome for a Child

Approving Google Chrome for a Child: How do I permanently approve for my child to use Google Chrome? It only allows me to approve 3 hours. My children need this to do their Google Classroom. This only became an issue today....
  7. Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission'

Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission': Can anyone help please? ALl filters removed from 17 YO child but he still cant access chrome. 2 hours wasted trying to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-and-windows-chrome-cant-access/420a0662-4c03-49f6-bce4-7427f4a579c7"
  8. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...
  9. Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin: Since I updated to win 10... There is an icon that looks like a shield with bluenand yellow squares on chrome icon... Any idea how to fix thi? It's annoying Thanks 24894
  10. Admin approval

Admin approval: Hi gang, need a little help ! I just did a recovery on this computer & everytime i go to download anything it ask me for admin approval, i want to turn this off !! Any help appreciated ! Thanks Chuck 85906