Windows 10: Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Discus and support Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It is 100% the same topic and the same issue:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leterel, May 24, 2020.

1. Leterel Win User

Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

It is 100% the same topic and the same issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-to-view/4a79577b-1f92-42e3-95f1-b1b5bac0da6e

The problem is though:

#1 Google or the Google members don't respond to Google related subjects.

#2 They updated chrome://flags and "Disable Password Manager Re-authentication".

I searched for "disable" and "disable password" and "password manager" and "reauthentication" and "authentication"

and whatnot. No result. This means. While I am asking and somebody might be responding. Somebody

at Google changes the feature.

#3 I don't even need to use a password to log in, because I turned that feature off in Windows 10. Only the

Ctrl + Alt + Del is for me necessary to log-in. Chrome on my laptop doesn't recognize that though.

On my PC I solved this via a PIN but that is still ****, since I am 200% sure that I don't need a pin,

a password or a fingerprint / DNA sample to see my own password's. Even though it is a security

hazard.

I still need a solution for the 24th of May 2020 though.

P.S. I'm sorry for the sucker who is forced to trial-n-error and wade-through dead and locked threads from 2020 in 2021.

:)

Leterel, May 24, 2020

2. Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hi All,

Has anyone had this issue?

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. I uninstalled Chrome on my PC then installed it again and have the same issue. My other computers do not have this issue. I'm starting to believe that this is a windows administrator
    profile issue. Thoughts.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis18_Se, May 24, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hello Dennis18_Se,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a Local account in sign in to that account?
    2. May I know if your computer is connected to a Domain (organization) network?
    3. Are you able to access websites using other web browsers?

Google Chrome will save login usernames and passwords and will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you the next time you visit the websites. It’s a good security measure added by Chrome.

If you do not want Chrome to ask for your Windows login password when you access, you can either remove the Windows user login password from your account or disable the password manager re-authentication feature in Chrome. To disable the password
    manager re-authentication follow the below method:

• Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
    • You get a list of features available, scroll down to see flag labeled
      Disable Password Manager Re-authentication.
    • Click on the Enable link below its feature description to enable the feature.
    • Click on the button labeled Relaunch Now to restart chrome with new settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, May 24, 2020
  4. Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Recover Windows Chrome Password

Yes, Chrome ask Windows Pass to view chrome password List.

Just try this

Add a Windows password, Then access your passwords using this,

Then disable the password, The chrome will not require you to enter a win pass to view the password list.

jhestech A+, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

1. Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. - Similar Threads - Google Chrome asks

2. Windows security asking for password to view passwords in Chrome, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security asking for password to view passwords in Chrome, Windows 10: I have set up my computer so that it does not ask for a password on startup, or for most activities, by following steps referred to others starting with running netplwiz. But when I'm trying to view my passwords in Chrome, Windows Security pops up and asks me for my...
  3. Windows security asking for password to view passwords in Chrome, Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security asking for password to view passwords in Chrome, Windows 10: I have set up my computer so that it does not ask for a password on startup, or for most activities, by following steps referred to others starting with running netplwiz. But when I'm trying to view my passwords in Chrome, Windows Security pops up and asks me for my...
  4. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  5. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  6. Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.

Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi,Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. My other computers do not have this issue.CheersWasyl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-wiindows-log-on-password-to/71e7776f-f2a4-482c-b85c-dfd16cc3c215
  7. Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi,Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. My other computers do not have this issue.CheersWasyl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-wiindows-log-on-password-to/71e7776f-f2a4-482c-b85c-dfd16cc3c215
  8. Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.

9. Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.

Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.: and please don't tell me to use chrome://flags because DISABLE PASSWORD MANANGER RE-AUTHENTICATION IS NOT one of the flag options, it is not THERE!! AND please do not give me Pamela Crane's answer "Then I disabled the password and now Google does not require me to put one...
  10. Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi All, Has anyone had this issue? Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. I uninstalled Chrome on my PC then installed it again and have the same issue. My other computers do not have this issue. I'm starting to believe that this is...