Windows 10: Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

Discus and support Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have spent 8 hours trying to fix this, that's a full days work (without breaks.) and I am *issed off. I am using windows 10 pro, it shows as updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hugh Hill, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Hugh Hill Win User

Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

I have spent 8 hours trying to fix this, that's a full days work (without breaks.) and I am *issed off.

I am using windows 10 pro, it shows as updated with KB4480056, KB4493509, but last night there seemed to be at least 30 installing and it shut down restarted many times.

I don't want to use Edge I want to use what I have been happy using for over 10 years - Google!

what I want to know is how will Microsoft fix this?

Patient Lee

:)

Hugh Hill, Apr 26, 2019

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

1. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates - Similar Threads - Google chrome blocked

2. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  3. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  4. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  6. Google Chrome blocked

Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  7. Google Chrome - Always Blocked

Google Chrome - Always Blocked: In Microsoft Family Setting, under "Content Restrictions", Google Chrome was originally part of the list of "Always Blocked". It has been removed. How do I get Google Chrome back on the list?...
  8. Windows Update April 2019

Windows Update April 2019: Hello, My laptop started updating, which stalled at a certain point. I don't know what the percentage was, because the screen turned black. When I rebooted, the screen turned black again after showing the Asus logo. After several times trying to reboot my device, I tried...
  9. Windows 10 Update April 2019

Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  10. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome not working 2019

2. google chrome not working after update 2019

3. chrome not working after windows update 2019

4. chrome blocked on windows 10,
  5. google chrome blocked by windows 10,
  6. windows update breaks chrome 2019,
  7. windows 10 google chrome blocked,
  8. windows 10 update blocked google and chrome,
  9. google chrome blocked on windows 10,
  10. google chrome is blocked windows 10,
  11. windows update blocked google chrome,