Windows 10: Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

Discus and support Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious tried downloading irfanview from the irfanview website, but chrome blocks it. is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

tried downloading irfanview from the irfanview website, but chrome blocks it.

is there a way of getting round this, a registry hack perhaps

thanks

Google the ' internet Police ' LOL

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015

2. Blocking

I am receiving emails with web links that have been deemed as unsafe/suspicious. How do I block websites? Any safety advice will be welcome and appreciated. (All advice in any category will be welcome).

Thanks to you all~

Sharon

SharonCStewart, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Jay0597 Win User
    Connecting to the Wi-Fi internet, get several DNS errors HP pavillion 15-ab522tx Windows 10.

my google doesnt allow to download this file. it says it may harm your browsing experience so chrome has blocked it

Jay0597, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

TairikuOkami, Oct 29, 2015
  5. yes this is what I also found by my research, but that option seems to have gone in the latest chrome....there is no choice !!! it just says dismiss......I actually found a program ' chromedownloadunblocker' which changes the options to keep or discard, which is I think how it used to be.....Google are getting too big for their boots......

reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015
  6. Sorry about it, I use Chrome derivate and it has not been updated to the latest Chrome version yet. *Redface

TairikuOkami, Oct 29, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    The way to fix it is to open:

chrome://settings/

Click on show advanced settings at the bottom

Under Privacy, uncheck Protect you and your devices from dangerous sites.

Almighty1, Oct 30, 2015
  8. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

there must be a lot of different variations with different versions of chrome....I don't have this option

reddwarf4ever, Oct 31, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    Weird, what version are you running as I've always had that option since 5 years ago... I'm running the beta channel so I'm on Version 47.0.2526.35 beta-m (64-bit) and not 46.

Phishing & malware alerts - Chrome Help

Almighty1, Nov 1, 2015
  10. don't know the version, I installed it on a friends laptop which is no longer available to me.

dontbhave that issue on my laptop or pic either, maybe there was not her security setting changing this, but it clearly said chrome had blocked it....

oh oh well thanks for all the comments

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

1. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious - Similar Threads - Google chrome blocking

2. Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.: I use Google Chrome and once every day, either the screen goes black and Chrome closes, or it says out of memory. I even cleared out my storage space but it still doesn't work. Also I can't download anything without Chrome saying "out of storage space". Any tips?...
  3. Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.: I use Google Chrome and once every day, either the screen goes black and Chrome closes, or it says out of memory. I even cleared out my storage space but it still doesn't work. Also I can't download anything without Chrome saying "out of storage space". Any tips?...
  4. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  5. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  6. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  7. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  8. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  9. Google Chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  10. Google Chrome - Always Blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome - Always Blocked: In Microsoft Family Setting, under "Content Restrictions", Google Chrome was originally part of the list of "Always Blocked". It has been removed. How do I get Google Chrome back on the list?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome Block potentially dangerous downloads blocks all downloads