Windows 10: Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

Discus and support Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious tried downloading irfanview from the irfanview website, but chrome blocks it. is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

tried downloading irfanview from the irfanview website, but chrome blocks it.

is there a way of getting round this, a registry hack perhaps

thanks

Google the ' internet Police ' LOL

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015

2. Blocking

I am receiving emails with web links that have been deemed as unsafe/suspicious. How do I block websites? Any safety advice will be welcome and appreciated. (All advice in any category will be welcome).

Thanks to you all~

Sharon

SharonCStewart, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Jay0597 Win User
    Connecting to the Wi-Fi internet, get several DNS errors HP pavillion 15-ab522tx Windows 10.

my google doesnt allow to download this file. it says it may harm your browsing experience so chrome has blocked it

Jay0597, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

TairikuOkami, Oct 29, 2015
  5. yes this is what I also found by my research, but that option seems to have gone in the latest chrome....there is no choice !!! it just says dismiss......I actually found a program ' chromedownloadunblocker' which changes the options to keep or discard, which is I think how it used to be.....Google are getting too big for their boots......

reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015
  6. Sorry about it, I use Chrome derivate and it has not been updated to the latest Chrome version yet. *Redface

TairikuOkami, Oct 29, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    The way to fix it is to open:

chrome://settings/

Click on show advanced settings at the bottom

Under Privacy, uncheck Protect you and your devices from dangerous sites.

Almighty1, Oct 30, 2015
  8. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

there must be a lot of different variations with different versions of chrome....I don't have this option

reddwarf4ever, Oct 31, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    Weird, what version are you running as I've always had that option since 5 years ago... I'm running the beta channel so I'm on Version 47.0.2526.35 beta-m (64-bit) and not 46.

Phishing & malware alerts - Chrome Help

Almighty1, Nov 1, 2015
  10. don't know the version, I installed it on a friends laptop which is no longer available to me.

dontbhave that issue on my laptop or pic either, maybe there was not her security setting changing this, but it clearly said chrome had blocked it....

oh oh well thanks for all the comments

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

1. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious - Similar Threads - Google chrome blocking

2. Something is blocking my Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something is blocking my Google Chrome: Last week I bought a new Surface GO. When I attempted to install Google Chrome it blocked the install. Previously I had one of the Early Surfaces. With this old Surface, I had no trouble with installing and using Google Chrome. Why am I having trouble installing Google Chrome...
  3. suspicious download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspicious download: believe I am being hacked through my wifi. had to disconnect my orbi mesh and disconnect Arlo when go online. hoping my at&t router is safe but recently noticed some Microsoft downloads of apps not requested by me. I have been able to uninstall many but there are several like...
  4. Google Chrome is being graphics blocked!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome is being graphics blocked!: Today, when I open Chrome and run it for a while then suddenly a ton a messages saying "chrome.exe is blocked from using graphics" . Later, I opened it again and the messages appears. I tried to get help and feedback, but nothing happens. I hope you guys help me or else I...
  5. Trouble downloading Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble downloading Google Chrome: Trying top set up a new Surface Go. Want to download Google Chrome and make this my primary browser but Windows messages keep getting in the way. Any ideas??...
  6. New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension: Chrome was built with security in mind from the very beginning. Today we're launching two new features to help protect users from deceptive websites. The Suspicious Site Reporter Extension will improve security for Chrome users by giving power users an easy way to report...
  7. Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome: Hey everyone I'm having an issue with downloading files from Google Chrome. Whenever I try to download a file to somewhere other than the downloads folder I get the error message shown below [ATTACH] If I download files to my downloads folder, it works. I should mention...
  8. Block Google Chrome for Child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...
  9. suspicious action was blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspicious action was blocked: My kaspersky total security 2016 just detected these(pls see attached file). There were about 82 of these yesterday August 21 but also I had that as many on August 6 and July 31 or maybe even before that. Under 'action' there are many types (perform code injection, duplicate...
  10. Google Chrome: Block Video Autoplay

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Block Video Autoplay: Not sure if everyone else is as annoyed by sites like CNN where videos play automatically, but I was elated to read that Chrome was going to allow blocking autoplay of videos. When is that coming? I had read Jan 2018, but I can't find the setting. 103131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome Block potentially dangerous downloads blocks all downloads