Windows 10: Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?

Discus and support Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I find on Startup(Task Manager - Startup) - 12 icons of Google Chrome - are they normal or should have been only one icon? If these are not normal -... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?

I find on Startup(Task Manager - Startup) - 12 icons of Google Chrome - are they normal or should have been only one icon? If these are not normal - please suggest the remedial procedure to get rid of them.
    Also I find in C*Biggrinrive - Programx86-Google- Chrome-Application- two directories namely - 45.0.2454.93 - 185 MB and 45.0.2454.101 --370 MB. Also two exe files --- 1) Chrome.exe and 2) Old_Chrome.exe. Could these two directories have been formed at the time of upgradation of Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro 10240.?
    But in Add Remove Program - There is only one instance of Chrome Installation 552 MB.
    Should I uninstall from the Add Remove Program - Google Chrome Browser and re-install or I can delete the second directory manually (45.0.2454.93 of 185 MB and at the same time the exe file - old_chrome.
    When I am rebooting my computer it takes quite a long time for computer to load up entirely. I see the red light glowing continuously for a very long period on my pc.
    In the Chrome Browser - "About" version shows as 45.0.2454.101 m 64bit.
    Please advise remedial measure for the Startup items of Chrome and two directories showing in Programx86. And why it takes too long to load the entire computer and red light glowing continuously.
    Ashok

C

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 7, 2015

2. programs start automatically

Same issue here. On my computer the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Office programs are affected.

Internet Explorer and Office programs do not appear in the Startup apps list, and Google Chrome has its startup status disabled.

Also, both web browsers will open up the pages that were open before shutting down.

Lotiel Varda, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10, Edge and Verizon email

I had the same issue with Verizon email and Windows 10 not working properly. Our company IT tech gave me the solution. The problem he said is with the Windows 10 browser. Just load Google Chrome browser and log into Verizon email through the Chrome
    browser. It worked like a charm. Everything back to normal. I made Google Chrome my default browser.

Kevin_Byrne, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?

All those CROME open should only be one and old crome should of gone.
    No wonder it is taking a long time to load.
    I would if it was me get rid of every trace of CROME including the one in programs and features then run CCleaner to take out any bits.
    Then reinstall the latest version.
    That is another reason I don't use CROME it takes over too much.

hTconeM9user, Oct 7, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Yes, I think these may have stayed behind after upgrades. You can deactivate them using CCleaner.

The really clean solution would be to properly remove Chrome and all rests of it and then to install it again. You might want to backup your Chrome user profile before doing that.

Joergi, Oct 7, 2015
    Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 7, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    Nice, sounds good.

Why is Chrome starting up on system boot at all? I mean a browser is not needed for running the system. Programs, which then start the browser, are superfluous. Do you want it to start anyway?

Joergi, Oct 7, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?

Chrome is running in the background and you need to goto
    chrome://settings/

Goto the advanced settings section and then under System, uncheck continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed.

Almighty1, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Should I disable it in Startup?

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 8, 2015
  10. What are background applications? Also when Chrome or any other similar application which load itself during system Startup are compiled that way when they do not have any linkage with OS? Does it mean that they are made that way to act as gathering your activity and act as spyware? Should I disable as you suggested?

11. Run CMD as admin and enter:

wmic startup get caption,command > c:\StartupApps.txt

Then upload the file "c:\StartupApps.txt" here or copy its content here.

TairikuOkami, Oct 8, 2015
  12. Almighty1 Win User
    No idea which ones exactly but Google Chrome has extensions...

​Stop Chrome from Running In the Background After You Close It

Regardless, even if you turn it off, I think you will still see Google Crash Handler and Google Crash Handler 64 run as processes on startup.

Chrome extensions at startup | Windows Secrets Lounge

Almighty1, Oct 8, 2015
  13. Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?

14. Caption Command
    OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup
    OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup
    GoogleChromeAutoLaunch_63F2723FCFE8B0CD4E50C509A544A532 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --no-startup-window
    OneDrive "C:\Users\abhishek\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background
    Send to OneNote Send to OneNote.lnk
    GoogleDriveSync "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe" /autostart
    OneDrive "C:\Users\akb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background
    Skype "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
    BitTorrent "C:\Users\akb\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED
    CCleaner Monitoring "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
    IDMan C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe /onboot
    RtsFT RTFTrack.exe
    ETDCtrl %ProgramFiles%\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe
    IgfxTray "C:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe"
    IAStorIcon "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60
    cAudioFilterAgent "C:\Program Files\Conexant\cAudioFilterAgent\cAudioFilterAgent64.exe"
    ForteConfig "C:\Program Files\Conexant\ForteConfig\fmapp.exe"
    Energy Manager C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Manager\Energy Manager.exe
    Lenovo Utility C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Manager\Utility.exe
    Corel Update Helper "c:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X7 (64-bit)\pua.exe" /t
    SmartAudio "C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\SAII\SACpl.exe" /t

Ashok Kumar Bag, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal?

1. Google Chrome Browser has 12 icons on my startup- normal or abnormal? - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Browser

2. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  3. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  5. Google Chrome Browser

Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  6. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  7. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  8. Google Chrome Icon

Google Chrome Icon: I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. My cursor wasn't visible and I was trying to see if that would fix the problem. When I reinstalled and opened google, the icon in the taskbar had a little user icon next to it when I reinstalled it. [ATTACH] It doesn't seem...
  9. Google Chrome icons.

Google Chrome icons.: I keep getting a google chrome icon with a grey head in it on my computer. I understand this icon is for multiple profiles (whatever that means). I want to get rid of it. Internet advice says go the wrench in the top right hand corner of your screen, but Windows 10 has no...
  10. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507