Windows 10: Google Chrome browser on Start Menu gives a 404 when opened

Discus and support Google Chrome browser on Start Menu gives a 404 when opened in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How to replace with correct opening icon? Current icon seems to have become 'invalid'. Thanks in advance. 140681 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lvr181, Sep 24, 2019.

1. lvr181 Win User

Google Chrome browser on Start Menu gives a 404 when opened

How to replace with correct opening icon? Current icon seems to have become 'invalid'.

Thanks in advance.

:)

lvr181, Sep 24, 2019

2. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

I have my FF customized exactly how i want it. iGoogle is my homepage i see some news headlines, my to-do list, weather and calender as soon as i open the browser. If Chrome has the same sort of customization then i may give it a go.

WhiteLotus, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. Google Chrome browser on Start Menu gives a 404 when opened

Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Hello

Have you done these steps?

On your computer, click the Start menu Start menu.

Click Settings Settings.

Open your default apps:

Original version: Click System and then Default apps.

Creators Update: Click Apps and then Default apps.

At the bottom, under "Web browser," click your current browser (typically Microsoft Edge).

In the "Choose an app" window, click Google Chrome.

To easily open Chrome later, add a shortcut to your taskbar:

On your computer, open Chrome.

In the Windows taskbar at the bottom, right-click on Chrome.

Click Pin to taskbar.

Check and let me know.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome browser on Start Menu gives a 404 when opened

1. Google Chrome browser on Start Menu gives a 404 when opened - Similar Threads - Google Chrome browser

2. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  3. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  4. Chrome and Youtube and Google not opening on all my browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome and Youtube and Google not opening on all my browser: Please help me with a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-and-youtube-and-google-not-opening-on-all/f34eff29-ce7c-4932-a763-b2e2bcc63571
  5. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  6. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  7. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  8. unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10

unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10: My google chrome app suddenly stopped working while I was using it. I closed the app and now it no longer opens. I attempted to uninstall chrome to reinstall it but couldn't uninstall because the "application was still running". I looked at it under the "details" tab of...
  9. unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10

unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10: unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10, therefore cannot uninstall google chrome browser, keeps saying programs are running in background. unable to find any thing open. this just happened today....
  10. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507