Windows 10: Google Chrome closes after start?

Discus and support Google Chrome closes after start? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello... I downloaded Chrome, and it closes the minute you open it. I restarted my pc, reinstalled Chrome, but it doesn't work :( However, when I open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pixel221, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Pixel221 Win User

Google Chrome closes after start?

Hello... I downloaded Chrome, and it closes the minute you open it. I restarted my pc, reinstalled Chrome, but it doesn't work Google Chrome closes after start? :( However, when I open the Task Manager, 6 tabs are displayed very briefly... Ask for help! I am at the end ;€

:)

Pixel221, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2020
  3. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Google Chrome closes after start?

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Google Chrome closes after start?

1. Google Chrome closes after start? - Similar Threads - Google Chrome closes

2. Have to resign in the Google account on the Google Chrome after the chrome close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to resign in the Google account on the Google Chrome after the chrome close.: Hi,My local client machine is windows 10 pro system, and it is connecting with the Domain controller, The domain account is unable to stay signing on the Google Chrome after we reopen the Google Chrome, and the passwords are not showing on the Chrome password manager. Nothing...
  3. Have to resign in the Google account on the Google Chrome after the chrome close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to resign in the Google account on the Google Chrome after the chrome close.: Hi,My local client machine is windows 10 pro system, and it is connecting with the Domain controller, The domain account is unable to stay signing on the Google Chrome after we reopen the Google Chrome, and the passwords are not showing on the Chrome password manager. Nothing...
  4. Have to resign in the Google account on the Google Chrome after the chrome close.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD after closing Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after closing Google Chrome: Good Day! I just got a BSOD this day after closing chrome, and I don't what's causing it. Can someone help me analyze and tell me what's causing the problem and how do I solve it?Here's the dump file:...
  6. BSOD after closing Google Chrome

BSOD after closing Google Chrome: Good Day! I just got a BSOD this day after closing chrome, and I don't what's causing it. Can someone help me analyze and tell me what's causing the problem and how do I solve it?Here's the dump file:...
  7. BSOD after closing Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Google Chrome won't start

Google Chrome won't start: So I'm on a brand new windows 10 PC and have tried to install google chrome however it won't open sometimes does the tab thing trying to open but only for a fraction of a second and a black screen. I have tried all the recommended things on the internet restart, uninstall,...
  9. Google Chrome closing instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome closing instantly after opening: I installed google chrome recently and it closed instantly upon opening. I restarted my PC and it worked, but then it stopped working again next time I booted up my PC. Reinstalling it gives me the same result. Any idea how to fix? submitted by /u/i-will-e [link]...
  10. Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,: I’m on windows insider build 2004, after opening chrome it immediately closes, I can’t uninstall it, and I event tried installing it again. It also happens to update in ge force experience. submitted by /u/tarnut [link] [comments]...