Windows 10: google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

Discus and support google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Very strange issue google chrome closes out when laptop sleeps, and when i wake it up i have to reload it, HP support guy connected said oh its the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

Very strange issue google chrome closes out when laptop sleeps, and when i wake it up i have to reload it, HP support guy connected said oh its the hard drive turning off that does it, he went in and set the hard drive to turn off at 999999. why not just turn it not to shut off is beyond me but i did not question him. but as i found out that is not the case and it still does it. so should i leave his setting what the hard drive turn off at 999999 or put it back at 15 min i don't no. But whatever that did not solve the issue and i can't figure out what is causing this and that's bad because if i'm in a zoom meeting and leave and it decides to close out like say i go to the bathroom, then bam meeting over for me and not good. any ideas as it should hold its place like the other apps , but it dose not.

- - - Updated - - -

also read a article that says never put SSD to sleep and turn all this stuff off like hard drive stuff turn it to never, turn off sleep and let the laptop do its thing. i don't no i'm all new to this stuff and ssd so not sure what to do lol.

:)

Tonyb, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    The text on Google Chrome goes pink sometimes ???

Hello chrysocome,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Is this issue happening only on Google Chrome or on other browsers?

Method 1: In the Chrome settings menu click Advanced, scroll down to 'use hardware settings when available' turn this
    Off, relaunch Chrome.

If the above step does not work, follow step 2.

Method 2: Reset Google Chrome browser.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 14, 2020
  4. google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

1. google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ?? - Similar Threads - google chrome closes

2. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  3. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  4. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  5. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  6. Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep: Hello,My hp Spectre laptop running Windows 10 has started to log me off / sign me out when it sleeps, meaning that I lose all open windows and documents. How can I fix this?Thanks!...
  7. Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep

Windows 10 laptop logs out / signs out when it goes to sleep: Hello,My hp Spectre laptop running Windows 10 has started to log me off / sign me out when it sleeps, meaning that I lose all open windows and documents. How can I fix this?Thanks!...
  8. Google Chrome full screen goes out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome full screen goes out?: Hi I have a problem; whenever I go to Google Chrome and put a YouTube video or Netflix movie in full screen mode and then quit, the full screen is off and the taskbar is over it. How can I fix this? Photo: [ATTACH]...
  9. google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome closes out when laptop goes to sleep ??: Very strange issue google chrome closes out when laptop sleeps, and when i wake it up i have to reload it, HP support guy connected said oh its the hard drive turning off that does it, he went in and set the hard drive to turn off at 999999. why not just turn it not to shut...
  10. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome closes when computer sleeps