Windows 10: Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon

Discus and support Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the most anticipated Google Chrome feature is the dark theme integration. By the looks of things, Google appears to be working on dark theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 1, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon

One of the most anticipated Google Chrome feature is the dark theme integration. By the looks of things, Google appears to be working on dark theme treatment for its Chrome browser on the desktop platform and macOS could be the first operating system to get access to Chrome’s dark theme.

According to the latest report, Google is considering bringing the dark theme to desktop platforms which includes Windows 10, 7, Linux and macOS. It suggests that Google may be working on dark theme toggle which could be shipped in the coming versions.

A recent post from an alleged Chromium developer on Reddit revealed that Google is working on a dark theme for Chrome browser and those who can’t wait are recommended to try extensions.

“For desktop, native dark mode support is in progress; in the meantime, we generally suggest people use a dark theme,” writes pkasting. The dark theme for Google Chrome mobile is not confirmed yet.

A Chromium Gerrit recently revealed that macOS is the first version of Google Chrome that could get a dark theme. However, it’s likely that Google will bring similar changes to Windows and other platforms soon. For the time being, there are no details as to when this could happen.

It also remains to be seen whether Chrome will automatically adapt the visual changes whenever the user changes the Windows 10 theme from Settings > Personalization > Colors > Default app mode.

The post Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon - Similar Threads - Google Chrome dark

2. Dark theme on Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Dark theme on Chrome?: Hello all. My chrome browser has now gone into dark theme (background) and I cannot change it? I have checked for recent Win 10 updates as this changed 2 days ago but none (last one 18-7-21). I tried to reset the chrome browser and still within any tab opened it is always...
  3. Dark theme on Chrome?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark theme on Chrome?: Hello all. My chrome browser has now gone into dark theme (background) and I cannot change it? I have checked for recent Win 10 updates as this changed 2 days ago but none (last one 18-7-21). I tried to reset the chrome browser and still within any tab opened it is always...
  4. Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS: Last year Google introduced support for “back-forward cache” on Android, which enables instantaneous page loading when users navigate using backward or forward button. As per a new document spotted by us, Google Chrome 92 update will also enable default support for...
  5. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  6. Windows 10 dark theme...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 dark theme...: Just as curious WHEN Microsoft will actually make a truly dark theme. Notepad in as in-app since 3.1. Yet why is it not available in dark, with a white font..? 147899
  7. Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings: Google is working on a dark theme for Chrome browser on Windows 10 and it appears to be coming sooner than expected. Windows 10 has its own system-wide dark mode and it certainly makes sense for Chrome to respect the settings in order to align with the visual appearance of...
  8. Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches: Google is actively working on dark mode implementation in Chrome for Windows 10 and other platforms. Windows 10 and macOS has a system-wide dark theme which if enabled brings dark appearance to all compatible apps. Google’s next update to Chrome will make it compatible with...
  9. Google Chrome new theme

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome new theme: If you want to try the new Google Chrome theme just go to chrome://flags and search for UI Layout for the browser's top chrome and change it to refresh 114285
  10. Change Theme in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Google Chrome: How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome How to Change Theme in Google Chrome You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom theme you want. The theme appears around the border of the browser and as the background when you open a new tab. Your Chrome...