Windows 10: Google Chrome Critical Error Message

Discus and support Google Chrome Critical Error Message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I occasionally get the Google Chrome Critical Error Message appearing on my screen with the note to contact Microsoft support and a phone number of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VicHickory, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Google Chrome Critical Error Message

I occasionally get the Google Chrome Critical Error Message appearing on my screen with the note to contact Microsoft support and a phone number of 888-272-2473. Is this a bogus message and does the phone number 888-272- actually get you to Microsoft support?

:)

VicHickory, Feb 6, 2019

2. "Google chrome critical error"

I got this from accidentally clicking on an ad while multitasking.

• Use ctrl-alt-delete to access "Task Manager".
    • Right click "Chrome" and select "End Task"
    • Reopen Chrome.
    • If you don't see the "critical error" screen, click the three dots on the right-hand-side of your browser.
    • Select "More tools" > "Clear browsing data..."
    • Make sure the "Time Range" is set to include when you encountered the error.
    • Check all boxes.
    • Select "Clear Data"
    • Open Windows Defender Security Center and select "Advanced scan"
    • Select "Full scan"
    • "Scan now
    Steps 9-11 are just a peace-of-mind precaution. You should be fine clearing your browser data per steps 1-8.

AmyScarfone, Feb 6, 2019
  3. 3870x2 Win User
    Google Chrome

windows XP SP2: Google Chrome has an error message and shuts down.

3870x2, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Google Chrome Critical Error Message

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome Critical Error Message

1. Google Chrome Critical Error Message - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Critical

2. Error Message C:/Program Files/Google/Chrome/Application/chrome.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message C:/Program Files/Google/Chrome/Application/chrome.exe: Hello, my name is FRUSTRATED... I am having trouble with an error that will not let me open my Chrome browser. I have searched it and watched a few videos, but they just go to fast, and I don't understand it, Hoping I can find some help in here. It says something about the...
  3. Error Message C:/Program Files/Google/Chrome/Application/chrome.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message C:/Program Files/Google/Chrome/Application/chrome.exe: Hello, my name is FRUSTRATED... I am having trouble with an error that will not let me open my Chrome browser. I have searched it and watched a few videos, but they just go to fast, and I don't understand it, Hoping I can find some help in here. It says something about the...
  4. Fix Google Chrome Critical Error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Google Chrome Critical Error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]At times, as a Chrome browser user, you may see the Google Chrome Critical error on your Windows 11/10 PC. In this guide, we explain what it is and how you can resolve this issue. What is Critical Error in Chrome? The critical error on Google Chrome is a fake error...
  5. Critical Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error Message: I haven't been able to use my start button for almost 2 Months!!! Every time I click it, it says the same thing "Critical Error: Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. I have tried EVERYTHING!!! And nothing seems to work!!! I can't...
  6. Critical Error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical Error message: Hi there, So my friend called me to say whenever he clicks the start bar he gets a message saying: "Critical Error: Your start menu isn't working .We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" It started happening today 12th January 2021 as I'm writing this He's tried...
  7. Can not access google chrome & MS-wcp error message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not access google chrome & MS-wcp error message: My device information Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1909 I can not access google chrome. when I tried opening google chrome, I received a message stating "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use." I have tried the following to fix this issue: 1...
  8. Critical Google Chrome Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical Google Chrome Alert: Is this a Microsoft Help Desk number? 1-877-242-4839 ? Received a Critical Google Chrome Alert and was told to call Microsoft Support Desk at that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/critical-google-chrome-alert/dc9f4d35-de40-4726-8d23-e09eb02c3d73
  9. Google Chrome Critical Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Critical Error: Upon waking machine and getting MWB Premium auto scan with no results. Newly installed MWB (2 days ago) Firewall Control with no alerts and A scan with WD with no results. I didn't check that link LOL. Phone number is from Canada, so ? I get immediate alerts from my...
  10. "Critical Error" message

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Critical Error" message: About 20 times now, I get this when I click on Windows Icon or in Search box (no "X" close exists): "Critical Error Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Button: Sign out now" Usually the Button click does NOT resolve the issue....